1966 Book : Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God

by binadub 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

So Adam had a choice between heterosexuality and bestiality? So glad the writer cleared that up for us. What if he chose bestiality? Would Jehovah have let it happen, or would he have disfellowshipped Adam on the spot? What if Adam had expressed his desire for a companion with the same 'hardware' as he had? Sounds like Fred Franz was trying to fill up some pages in between the creation and 1975. I almost wish Nathan Knorr had written a few books. Then we'd be able to have in print why wearing jeans wasn't Christian and hear him ramble on about masturbation and homosexuality.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I guess boredom had set in, at the Ivory Tower

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What did Adam think of the Neandrthal girls ? pity Freddie isn't here to tell us, he obviously had some inside info. on all that went on in the Garden.

How many Kama Sutra positions did A&E try out ? Freddie, from your Heavenly Throne give us some answers to those questions, along with, how did you get 1975 SOOOO wrong ???

• BroMac
    BroMac

oh dear freddy! what were you growing in the WT garden.

to think something like this while pondering on scripture is one thing but to put this down in a book which is distributed in the millions and then 'studied' as a text book is well, crazy.

i suppose freddy had to print this stuff if he was being passed the info by an angel.

• Room 215
    Room 215

... In one way, this little excerpt shows how far we've progressed since those those pre-JWN days; were anything so outlandish to be published today, the WT writer would be taken to task - lampooned -- in a heartbeat -- on this forum and others.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I might be of a minority here, but to concoct what Franz came up with requires a perverse and dubious sort of talent. I am college educated and have written theses before, but to come up with something like the Life Everlasting book is way out of my range.

• Ding
    Ding

What I think is weird about that book is the title.

When you were a JW, did you experience life everlasting in freedom of the Sons of God?

1. If you weren't of the anointed, the WT taught that you were NOT one of the sons of God.

2. As a JW, you didn't live in freedom. You lived in bondage to man-made rules and regulations that covered every aspect of your life.

3. Did you have life everlasting? Or did you just hope that one day if you obeyed the GB well enough and then proved worthy after 1000 years you MIGHT obtain life everlasting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit