the NEW Zealand Bethel is up for sale..?

by zeb 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• zeb
    zeb

So where will the money from the sale go? to support the bros and sisters who have worked so,long at the bethel? This is to be doubted.

• St George of England
    St George of England

No doubt back to Brooklyn to help towards the new cult HQ.

George

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We used to say the "WT is a Publishing Corporation posing as a relgion", now it is more accurate to say "The WT is a real estate Corporation posing as a relgion"

(and in many countries posing as a Charity)

On that last point, should they not be asked to pay back to the respective Governments every cent of Tax relief/help they have received on every dollar that goes out of each country and back to the U.S ?

• Black Sheep
  • rnewman123
    rnewman123

So is Ireland

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Not a cent for NZ, that's for sure. If they want to build a KH or AH, they can raise the funds themselves and get a WT loan with interest.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

That IS a big surprise. When was this announced?

• okage
    okage

Could be me, but if the Watchtower Society has countless real estate properties totalling over $1 Billion worldwide, and they take in another billion annually comprised of different currencies...if they pay no taxes and send all the money from these different countries to New York, doesn't that screw up the global economy more than any government should feel comfortable with?

I'm more science based than an economist, so this really isn't my field. Could someone explain this to me?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm more science based than an economist, so this really isn't my field. Could someone explain this to me?

1 billion dollars is not really all that significant on the global economic scale.

But they are lousy money-grubbers in their own small pond.

• steve2
    steve2
    That IS a big surprise. When was this announced?

A another thread on this was started about one day or so ago, but I don't know how to provide a link to it. As for the announcement, does any one know whether this is rumor or has actually been announced?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit