1899, 1900, 1901, 1902, 1903, 1904, 1905, 1906, ..........

by OnTheWayOut 9 Replies latest social humour

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...1907, 1908, 1909, 1910, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1914.

Well, nothing happened. I guess I gotta go some more.

1915, 1916, 1917, 1918, 1919.

Still nothing. I will ahead a bit.

1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975.

Huh? What do I have to do? I suppose I will just keep on counting and things will change any minute now.

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

Keep on counting!!!!!

• Ding
    Ding

OTWO,

Don't you know that all sorts of things happened in those years? Invisibly, of course...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

607BCE is the year when literally nothing happened, if you look it up, and ignore all the refs to JW's etc, it is quite strange, it is one year where nothing of import happened in the whole world !

So, a good place to start your list, and you can jump forward to 2034 for the Dubs, nothing will have happened, or will happen that they expect in that year !

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

OBVES could learn much from this thread...

• irondork
    irondork

"Isn't it wonderful how the faithful slave has kept the attention and energy of Jehovah's people so intensely focused on the time of the end after all these years and a few disappointments? Such a task could only be accomplished by those opperating in step with God's holy spirit." - Heard that one at a meeting. Can't remember who said it.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

you see, irondork, when any religion, man, whatever, claims to be lead of god, what they say comes to pass. When Noah said that it was going to rain, it bloody well poured. When moses said Jah was going to "let HIS people go" er, that happend. When Jehosophat commanded the sun to stand still - stand still it did...........................

....................................when the JW's said that the princes were going to raised up in 1925........nothing. Then armegeddon was coming in 1975, again, nothing. Your leaders are leading you deeper and deeper in the forest and you'll never find your way out.

But all the best.

• irondork
    irondork

LouBelle, at some point I must have given you the impression that I am still in the organization. Granted, I have made statements in sarcasm that may have made it seem that way, but rest assured I am as out as out can be.

Thanks for the concern though. That was sweet.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh - it's just that a few of the posts I've read of yours seem like you really do push the org and are kinda hard core.

*just worried about your soul* (no no no I'm not)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I would have once stated that the ability to decieve so completely must be the mark of a 'cult'. Nowadays I would more likely just state that ALL religion is delusion, some are just more focused on delusional beliefs than others.

I find it extremely curious, as regards Jehovahs Witnesses, that in only two years we hit 100 years since Jesus took that throne. Yet, this will probably not be even a minor panic for them - they know that the sheeple are blind and ignorant to such things.

It's no different in the other churches though who have been preaching rapture, end of times, or other doctrine for a lot longer. If only they would all take up the Shaker doctrines - now THAT would help reduce the ignorance over just one generation, wouldn't it?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit