Preaching in vain.

by LouBelle 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

On my way to work (my temp job) I drove past my witness uncle. There he was on the street preaching to a man. I knew that stance so well, publication in hand, leaning in towards to hopefully interested person and telling your story. It made me feel nausesous to witness it again.

How much joy do witnesses really get in preaching? How many truly look forward too, and enjoy the preaching work?

I remember the baptism figures, but what they wouldn't tell us was how many were disfellowship, disassociated themselves or faded. Percentage wise then the "growth" probably would be negative.

All those hours could be utilised to much better.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

... and then when they die before Balmygeddon, they get the same reward as Hitler and the Popes.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Loubelle!

The mindlessness of the whole thing is rather troubling too.

They call themselves "publishers of the good news" (evangelisers), however knowing nothing about the unabridged or full "good news" they end up teaching religion instead (proselytising) - the very thing Jesus was most against and condemned:

(Matthew 23:15) . . .“Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen′na twice as much so as yourselves.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Apostle Paul summed up the "Good News" in two words, "Christ Resurrected".

The JW's talk little about Jesus, and even less about the significance of the resurrection, they prate on about a "Paradise Earth", something Jesus never mentioned.

Truly, their preaching, which amounts to recruiting for a Publishing/Real Estate Corproration , is a waste of time !

• davidl7
    davidl7

Most Christians have joy in preaching the good news of God's Kingdom in the hands of Jesus. Jesus clearly predicted that "this good news of the Kindgome WILL BE PREACHED". So it does not matter how many negative comments people say about those who preach the good news of the Kingdom, like Jesus and his apostles did. The apostle Paul wrote in Acts 28:23: " So when they had appointed him a day, many came to him at his lodging, to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening." (AV) Yes, the good news of the Kindgom, which the apostle Paul preached, included the testimony of Moses and prophets, which talked about the Messiah coming and converting the earth into a paradise. (compare Isa. 65:17-29; Isa 11:6-11; Ps. 37:10, 11, 29). Jesus himself spoke of the new world or new age to come and said the "meek will inherit the earth", (Matt. 5:5). He said to pray for his Father's kingodm to come and for his will be done on "earth and heaven." That fact the Jesus was raised for the dead, proves that he is now Messiah who will reign as God's appointed King for 1,000 years (1 Cor. 15:24-29). That is part of the good news preached by Jehovah's Christian Witnesses. (1 Cor. 15:13-15). As a result of the good news being preached, thousands upon thousands of leaving the churches of Christendom (psuedo-Christian churches), and are joing the true Christian Congregation, and are praising the God and Father of Jesus Christ, something that is never done in the churches of Christendom (Ephe. 1:3, Ephe. 1:17, 1 Cor. 1:3, 2 Peter 1:3, etc.). Yes, true Christians worship the God and Father of Jesus Christ, the One Christ cried out to as "My God, my God", as he died upon the stake/tree (Matt. 27:46). Many of my former evangelical, adventist and catholic friends tell me of the joy they felt in finding that the Jesus they read about in the Bible is truly "God's Son", not "God the Son", and they readily agreed with the what they have read from their Bibles with what the Witnesses expressed as their faith. Only true Christians accept what John 3:16, 36 really says. Those who just follow and have faith in what their Trinitanian theologians teach and preach, do not know who the "only true God, the Father, and the One who He Sent Forth, Jesus Christ", are. (John 17:3). Interesting, I was speaking to 3 former Baptists who were their first memorial of Christ's death at a Kingdom Hall. All three said they are already preaching the good news to their friends and family. One then told me, "you know, my church was considered an 'evangelical group,' but no one ever hardly preaches, even though some call themselves 'evangelical christians.' Evangelical literally means to preach the gospel or good news. From a biblical meaning, I think the Witnesses are really the true "evangelical" since they all preach the good news of the kingdom. Since I have found out about the true God and his Son Jesus, I just can't stop preaching the good news." Yes, the preaching of the Good News of the Kingdom of God is NOT IN VAIN....and no one can't stop the true Christian believer from preaching the Bible truth they have learned.

• Alfred
    Alfred

David7...

Effective preaching of the "good news" requires two basic components:

1. truthful information
    2. basic knowledge of the best methods to transmit the message to various cultures

It's been thoroughly proven that the Watchtower does not preach an entirely true message. For example, they preach that salvation is by works and that Jesus has been reigning since 1914 (false and false).

They also use a totally ineffective preaching method (door to door) and are only recently using the internet (after they've been avoiding this medium since it started exposing their lies)...

By the way.... I suggest that you read old WT literature so you can see for yourself that the WT continuously lies about their history...

• White Dove
    White Dove

David,

How many minutes/hours did you count when typing up your sermon?

I get the feeling that you don't know your audience very well.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hello David 7 - thank you for that. May I ask if you have spoken too/experienced that most christains have joy in preaching? Secondly - may I ask who told you to preach? Thirdly what is the good news?

It is in vain! the word you preach has been changed and does not hold up to the proper greek/hebrew scripts. the word you preach gives glory to men rather than to god. the word you preach is sullied by human interpretation. the word you preach breaks up families/homes. the word you preach steal real lives. the word you preach may bring in thousands but that very word also has thousands leaving/fading/disassociating/being disfellowshiped every year. the word you preach is a lie and does not hold up under scrutiny.

• Honesty
    Honesty

David7 doesn't preach the good news.

He hawks books as an unpaid volunteer for a publishing company.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I'm "still in" physically, so I do go out to FS (though declining) after learning new stuff about the WTBS...I have to drag myself to go out there. Although the door-to-door is the primary method used by JW's, that method is no longer practical I think.

Peace

Kool Jo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit