Question #9 of this week's "oral review" of DVD "Faith In Action"...

by Alfred 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

Went to the meeting this evening and the brother that took the item is not the sharpest tool in the shed so it was obviously going to be slow.

On question 9, the brother that answered explained how the Bible Students predicted Jesus coming to power in 1914 and it would be a time of trouble. Everyone else at that time was saying that the world was getting better by the day and would continue to do so. Everyone was shocked by the outbreak of WWI except the Bible Students.

George

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Well he wasn't stupid enough to know how to twist a story to make the IBSA/JWS look like knowledgeable geniuses. Why didn't he tell the truth in that the ISBA came to that year by Pyramidology. To say it was just a coincidence would be too truthful I guess. Better to conceal the truth and make the WTS. look like its being guided by god's holy spirit. Bullshitting always works in religious endeavors.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

When you read, see and hear about the Watchtower's deliberate falsification of their history, you cannot help

but be reminded of the malevolent evil - an intelligent evil that is fully aware of its own lust for power and the

lengths it will go to to fool the rank and file within this sick organization.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

back on topic:

this DVD is absolute BS. Cherry picked and candy coated for the R&F.

My wife could see the anger in my face as I sat through it, even asked me what was wrong.

It just amazes me that the WTS actually believes that lying to the R&F is okay to jehoba. As if they are somehow saving the R&F from themselves should they doubt the org if they knew what really happened.

I saw our DVD's in our briefcase after the DC and I threw them in the garbage, along with all the other books and brochures she brought home. All straight in the trash.
    this has become one of my sick pleasures now, taking lots of lit from assemblies and throwing it all in the garbage. oh well, the WTS made me this way! ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit