We can talk about nothing here

by Chemical Emotions 22 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Ziddy, that was cooool! I could just ... barely .... see it ,, without doing some highlighting messin' around. How do you think of these things!!!?? You have SUCH a creative mind! xoxoxo YOU!

FHN --- I got to see him when I was about 12/13 --- just learned something about Billy Preston this week (synchronicty that you wud post that song!), and you probably already know this, as your musicology is so much better than mine (oh yes, it is!), but he originally recorded under the Apple label! cool, what?

CE,,, Apple was the Beatles' label, in case you didn't know. We (FHN and I) are old (well, not really, we are baby-boomers, and will never grow old!), and we grew up with the Beatles,,, they are like a religion. hehehe

xo

tal

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    and we grew up with the Beatles,,, they are like a religion. hehehe

I think it is called Beatlemania and there are four gospels: John, Paul, George and Ringo and a spurious fifth one called Billy.

• talesin
    talesin

FHN

and a spurious fifth one called Billy.

Oy, gurl, you, and Dev,, are my music gurus! all hail FHN, for she is a treasure in our midst, and lucky we are to have her.

xo

tal

• 00DAD
    00DAD

And many people do.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I'm offended. The Beatles are NOT nothing.

*giggle*

• talesin
    talesin

I love you. Poopsie!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

One of the highlights of my life was camping at in front of Madison Square Garden until 4 am. when tickets for Bangladesh concerts went on sale. The police boarded up the glass on surrounding stores. Hence, I was not killed in a crush. I saw both concerts. Billy Preston was awesome. He performed at the Royal Albert Hall for the memorial Concert for George. Ringo and Billy - the same crew again.

I thought he could have been a bigger presence. He had remarkable showmanship.

I was so grateful to the NYPD for the way they handled the ticket situation that i wrote to the police commissioner.

Never heard of Billy Russell or Leon Russell until the concert. What finds. It was nice to see Eric Clapton perform with George. Klaus Vorrman was another suprprise. People stood on their chairs and twisted their necks to get a good luck at the Hamburg teenage friend.

During the first show, Ringo performed behind the drum kit. The crowd started screaming and stomping their feet, demanding to see him. The roadies ignored the crowd at first but had to relent. Ringo received a standing ovation when he came forward to sing. I have never seen him so happy in any other public moment. His feet were off the ground. Add Dylan to the mix, taking the concert from George,a living Beatle. Amazing! And I easily paid for good tickets with an afterschool high school job.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Knowsnothing. What an appropriate subject. Dissect away.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

My nothing thread got locked and Simon tossed it to the trash about a month ago.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Oy, gurl, you, and Dev,, are my music gurus! all hail FHN, for she is a treasure in our midst, and lucky we are to have her.

Thank you, Tal and the same goes true for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit