Does George Zimmerman look guilty in his new mugshot?

by Iamallcool 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Razziel
    Razziel

@thetrueone - The legal lines have been skewed in the US about when deadly force is justified. It doesn't necessarily matter if Trayvon was carrying a weapon, will a jury believe that Zimmerman had reason to believe his life, his property, or that of his neighbor was in jeopardy? The victim is dead and can't testify. At this point it appears the couple of eyewitnesses saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman hitting him, which corroborates Zimmerman's story. If I get in a fight in a bar, with loads of witnesses, generally someone is going to step in and stop the fight before I'm beat to death. On a dark night on the side of the road, I'm not assured of that and would fear for my life if I'm on the business end of two fists and a big guy on top of me.

Those are the types of questions the jury will have to consider. Not so much if Trayvon was carrying a weapon, but if Zimmerman was reasonable in fearing for his life given the circumstances. I'm not trying to justify what Zimmerman did, he obviously brought this on himself, and this is a case of good intentions paving the path to hell. The fact that he disregarded the 911 advice and acted stupidly will work against him even though it isn't legally binding. But I'm not sure that an unbiased jury will convict him of murder with the currently known eyewitness accounts, and the current law. Of course at trial, new information held back by the police may come out and change things. I'm just going off of what we've heard so far in the media.

• Scott77
    Scott77

And..... his nose previously 'broken', or has 'healed'.

Scott77

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I don't think he looks any more guilty than any other person who has their photo taken. A photo can't ooze guilt.

All I can say is that if I were in the same situation, if I were in fact attacked by a man (let's not kid ourselves...he was 17, outweighed Zimmerman, and was taller...he was the size of an adult and if he were to commit a crime, he'd possibly be tried as one...for all intents and purposes, this wasn't a "child" that the media portrays by showing young pictures of him) and was being beaten with fists, yeah I'd probably pull out my firearm. First as a warning. Then if it continued, I'd probably fire to wound, not kill...but I say that not being in the heat of the moment, being able to think clearly, and being able to rationalize. Who knows what I'd do if I felt my life were in danger? No one was except for these 2 and one of them is dead. Evidence is scant.

I really hope that if it wasn't intentional to kill Trayvon that Zimmerman doesn't get too harsh of a sentence. I think personally that the media is playing this up because of the upcoming election. How many black kids are killed daily in this country on purpose? Why is it that this one is getting so much attention? There's always something that gets used to sway the vote. I think this is no different.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The information that is out so far is that prior to the altercation there was a mis-identification from both parties .

Trayvon thought Zimmerman was a stalking predator and Zimmerman thought Trayvon was a burarler out on the prowl.

As far as its known, Trayvon was not caught on someone elses private property, he just walking home to his father's house.

It was Zimmerman who was being more of the pursuing predator which got Trayvon to eventually run on advise from his girl friend on whom

he was talking to on his cell phone while he was walking. There's a lot of unusual circumstances involving this unfortunate tragedy,

more I'm sure will be forthcoming during the trial.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What a silly question.....If you judged me on my passport photo, you would think I was physchotic killer.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"look" wow. This is a real joke. Sizing somone up based on their looks. I have a shirt I wear from time to time to irritate the locals. It states: I just look illegal.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Morbid , I think you hit the nail on the head! This is somehow turned into a political issue. Let this play out in local courts and be done with it. Zimmerman was clearly a volly cop buff but there is not a nation wide epidemic of volly neighborhood watchmen killing young black men. It should be handled locally and our opinions are worth about as much as a pound of miracle wheat. There is however a nationwide epidimic of poor blacks shooting poor blacks. Maybe the new black panthers could focus on shoring up the father figures in their community instead of putting a bounty on a man who has been convicted of NOTHING. Maybe its the 1%er's fault.... Speaking of 1%ers, maybe Sharpton and Jackson could focus on that instead but I dont think that gets them as much publicity.

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit