9/11 Conspiracy nuts...60% of Americans are you KIDDING!!!!

by Witness 007 83 Replies latest jw experiences

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

we have some individuals here that try to steer everyone elses opinions to be how they want.

it's called group thinking. someone states something is such a way that you feel foolish for not agreeing with them, even if it doesn't agree with what you really believe.

don't let peer pressure lead you to your decision on what happened on 9-11.

examine all available facts and fiction and get a well rounded view of the issue and then choose what is logical to believe.

don't believe what someone else tells you to be true. especially if they are in "CHARGE", or "OFFICIAL". do some research. get smarter. don't cheat off someone elses answers. they might be wrong. didn't our grade school teachers teach us this long ago?

it's also good to step back and think about WHY someone would post something like that in the first place with no link.

the OP is now the King of the Idiots.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    At least I'm not a horseshoe engineer claiming to be a controlled demolitions expert.

Basic reading skills aren't your strong point are they?

there's a big difference between high tempered steel and the iron used in horse shoes.

No, there is not. The difference is about 4% of Carbon, that difference does not change the effects of heat on steel. But still I do enjoy a pair of armchair experts trying to pretend they know something about materials engineering.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Did u know it's impossible to eat anything bigger than your head?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I know that 2 planes hit the twin towers WTC7 and the Pentagon still stink though.And why cant a full official independent inquiry be allowed?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

who's stopping it?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

wish I knew

• talesin
    talesin

Caedes,

I do silversmithing a bit. I know that annealing (heating) the silver to high temps, strengthens it, rather than weakening it. I also know that "tempered steel" is achieved by using heat as well.

I don't understand your comment about "heating the steel to make it weak"..... que? Can you explain for this curious mind, aside from the nature of the thread?

tkx

t

• Caedes
    Caedes

Talesin,

Good question, any heat treatment of a metal alloy alters the microstructure. By heating it up you allow the structure to change. The rate at which you heat and cool the metal will affect the final microstructure at ambient temperature. So while annealing or tempering will toughen (i.e reduce the brittleness) a material; this doesn't neccesarily tell you how the material will behave when under load at an elevated temperature. The heat treatments you mention all require the the material to return to ambient temperature for the microstructure and thus the properties to change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_diagram

Phase diagrams are used to show what kind of microstructure you will find at different temperatures with different alloying percentages, The wikipedia page shows an iron/carbon (ie. Iron/steel) phase diagram. There will be a similar diagram for the silver you use depending on what is used as alloying element.

The addition of further alloying elements can dramatically alter the properties of a material at temperature because this will also alter the microstructure. The type of materials I would use day to day has additional alloying elements that mean it is less affected when operating at high temperature, the downside is that it is very expensive.

Hope that wasn't too technical but did answer your question.

(edited twice for spelling and grammar)

• Caedes
    Caedes

Having read through my answer I ought to add something further, If you look at the phase diagrams I linked to, The very top line on the phase diagram is the point at which the metal is a liquid, the bottom of the diagram the material is solid. The area inbetween is a mixture of the two (like a slushy drink) this is due to the varying melting points of the alloying elements.

By altering the rates of cooling and the temperature you cool from you alter how the various elements appear in the final cold microstructure, this allows you to achieve a very different microstructure and thus very different properties.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

mysterious absence of so called bomb sniffing dogs ...........

This IS mysterious. Kind of like when someone gets shot in the head, and the paramedics don't suspect kidney failure as the cause for an unconscious state. I always find it strange when they dismiss kidney failure so quickly and go straight to the head. This conspiracy is growing!

Did u know it's impossible to eat anything bigger than your head?

Prove it. You are always throwing around this gem with absolutely nothing to back it up! You seem to think that just saying it over and over makes it true. Well you don't get off that easy. I want links, studies, and pictures. Otherwise it's nothing more than an untested hypothesis. I would like you to paste a minimum of 40 pages proving this point. I will read every word and give you a line-by-line reply.

On the other hand, and this is proven, drinking Coke with Pop Rocks will cause your stomach to explode. Google it. Mikey from the Life cereal commercials died that way. True story.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit