How to properly call someone out for lying.

by lisavegas420 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

...a girlfriend, perhaps? ...who comes in and cooks for him? ...and makes a mess? (ducks and runs)

• CuriousUK
    CuriousUK

I used to live with someone who could only be described as a 35 year old child... I would clean and tidy every day, make the bed, put everything right... and then go to work... I would come home to find the place in an absolute state all over again. I wouldn't describe myself as a clean freak, but it was exhausting to have to come home to that every day...

When I was away from home for longer periods, it was even worse. When I lived alone and knew that I was going away for a number of days, I would change the bed linen, clean and tidy everything - so that when I came home I could just fall into bed and not worry about dirty dishes or washing clothes. With him, it was like a toddler had been on a rampage... I would find sweet wrappers shoved down the side of the cushions of the sofa, a mountain of dirty dishes...

He was university educated, but had moved straight back into his parents hotel after finishing, and as a result, his mother waited on him hand and foot for ten years... He just simply didn't have a clue how to do the simplest of household tasks...

It seemed like a bit of a joke at first, but it was emotionally wearing and I really grew to resent him, as it felt like he didn't care about me or my feelings... but I actually think it was his mothers fault for babying him...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

And I just remembered all over again why I am happiest when I am single

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If he's burned the kitchen twice already then he defo has a problem there somewhere.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

This reminds me of a newlywed JW couple I knew....

She was making a dish for a congregation "get-together". Meat was in the oven and she had made a sauce in the blender, ready to be poured over the dish. She then went to have a shower before the "get-together"..........

When they were nearly ready to go, she poured the sauce over the dish and went into the cupboard to look for potholders. She finds.........a chewed up wooden spoon in with the kitchen linens....

Asks hubby about it, and he claims to know nothing

She says, "Look, it's only you and me here, and I know it wasn't me!"

Finally, he admits that while she was in the shower, he turned on the blender, and stuck the wooden spoon in, which got chewed up in the blades.

She was livid, and said, "You were going to let me serve wooden slivers to our friends???"

She came to the "get-together" with no dish and in tears.

LOL

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    And I just remembered all over again why I am happiest when I am single

Ditto.

The original poster should have bought a glass-top stove and saved their family/marrage the silly drama. :P

- Lime

• Lore
    Lore
    Because he's a man - we have great difficulty admiting we are ever wrong.

My Grandfather, expecting I'd be married some day, once gave me some good advice: "You have to decide if you want to be happy, or if you want to be right."

He would admit to doing stuff he never did, just to make the wife stop harrasing him about stuff she mistakenly thought he was responsible for.

That was the second best bit of marriage anyone has ever given me. . .

• CuriousUK
    CuriousUK

I wish I could "like" your post Lore.... What was the first best bit of marriage advice you were given?

• milola
    milola

Ooooooo. I hate to say this but you I think are being a little fanatical. He may not have realized something dropped down in the burner and probably was the last one to clean the kitchen being that you had been out of town and just got back and WHOA all hell breaks loose because you smelled burning grease on the burner. If I were you I would quit my job or whatever takes you out of town for a solid week and stay home to protect your stove.

• Lore
    Lore
    What was the first best bit of marriage advice you were given?

Don't get married.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit