Question for Dogpatch (Randy): What will it cost to produce the new 16-page Watchtower & Awake?

by Alfred 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Dogpatch - And they suggest contributing $50 to $100 for one stinking cd-rom. And boy does it stink.

Wow, that's unbelievable. Pure cheek asking people to donate that kinda cash for a disc that costs pennies and production done for free. Makes me sick.
  • factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks again Randy!

They misrepresent what everything cost to squeeze more money out of the publishers who have no idea of how low the real cost is to produce them like you said Randy.

What are the doing with all of their money?

There is so much secrecy and underhandedness going on in "God's organization" and we see how he is richly rewarding them for it.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@bats-

thanks for posting that! Yep- just like you said, the contributions have failed to come in.

So Jehovah is restricting his own work? What a bunch of crap.

Why don't they read their 1973 g cover series about how religion is dying and the wts is thriving with all of the contributions and increasing demand for literature causing them to keep greatly expanding their printing facilities worldwide?

They brag how Jehovah keeps blessing them with expansion while other religious groups and organizations have to downsize.

I guess Jehovah is not too pleased with the wts these days, huh?

So many liars in the wts.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Printed WT Bound Volumes have to go next - they have to. On the WT-Library CD anyway and downloadable anyway.

The next logical thing (you have to have magazines to distribute to the public) is to make the study edition Downloadable only - and make the congregation pay for it - or the brothers in their own homes.

Tracts are much cheaper than magazines - so invite to the memorial/spec talk , then the DC and then an October Special. This will cut costs considerably.

Babylons waters are drying up.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't see the mags for public distribution drying up, but I do see that the libray at the KH will eventually be, everyone's library for printed material. No more bound volumes, SI books, etc. If there ever needs to be a purging, it's easy because it's at the KH, and under lock and key.

• The JHWH
    The JHWH

" Three months later, the elders received a letter from the Society. It basically stated that they [the Society] noticed an enormous increase in literature orders. That the congregation had made purchases of some $3,000.00 and our donations were only somehere around $500.00. They told us we [the congregation] owed the Society $2,300.00."

Dogpatch, do you have this letter? I would be very thankful for a scan.

• mP
    mP

@The JHWH

Why 2300 and not 2500 ?

• zeb
    zeb

Randy,

I wonder what will be the excuse when they do a 'fire-sale' of Kingdom halls around the world?--or will it be done for them?

The KH I used to go to has been told it needs to renovate its toilets and kitchen area. I have been around a while and i can tell you there is nothing wrong with them. No cracks in pedestals, no loose tiles nothing broken at all.

I didnt know about the borrowing $$ from the wts to do it though. Is that like Jesus said when he threw out the money lenders; something about making money in my fathers house...

• Gayle
    Gayle

I do see that the library at the KH will eventually be, everyone's library for printed material.

Like the Christian Scientist's "Reading Room?"

• dgp
    dgp

Bookmarked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit