End of the Preaching Work?

by Slidin Fast 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Slidin fast:

The religion needs the preaching work because it is a visible means to know who is "faithful" and who is "not". I always felt it was nothing more than a "yardstick" by which to measure or judge people's "works" in the religion. And we all know they are all about judging!

Of course, I don't believe the preaching work is effective as any kid of real warning. Anybody who had a real warning or "lifesaving work" nowadays would use the media, not a slow method of knocking on doors!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

exactly.

Jah used whatever means is avaible when he decided to have anything to do with mankind. He didn't direct them to use an archaic method, that yields the least, to the fewest amount of people. I'm convinced the next time he speaks, it will be via your iPad

• Quandry
    Quandry

I thought I had some very clever slogans they could use..... couldn't anyone think of more?

PREACHIN'S OVER FOR SURE-NOW YOU'RE GONNA BE MANURE

THE PREACHING WORK IS DONE-NOW YOU BETTER RUN

THE PREACHING WORK IS THROUGH-WE AIN'T GONNA BURY YOU

THE PREACHING WORK IS THROUGH-NOW ARMAGEDDON WILL GET YOU

• Nambo
    Nambo

Quick then everyone!

Put in for pioneering whilst you still can to work you way up the caste system, else you will forever be classed as one of the untouchables, (especaially if you are a single Brother), for a 1000 years you wont get invited to dinner parties or introduced to Elders daughters, instead you will be permenantly assigned to tiolet cleaning or watching the car park during meetings so that you miss all the spiritual food and end up going out the truth and failing the big test at the end of the 1000 years!

• Bella15
    Bella15

You know, I am a Christian now, and part of my new beliefs is that I have a personal relationship with God, I believe in personal revelation and everything that God impressed in my heart it is happening ... Watchtower Corp is coming down, down, down, down ... The Watchtower CORPORATION will try to continue making money (although they already have more than enough) and will start steering the group towards more accepted Christian beliefs, they will start blending in ... all things are in motion now, not just for that CORPORATION the whole world is entering into a different era thanks to the Internet, knowledge is everything and amazes me how rural communities all over the world are getting connected - they didn't have to go like many of us upgrading from b/w TV, to color, to HD, cable, satelite ... they get Satelite/HD/3-D technology, they get state of the art cell phones, iphones, they don't have to use huge computers as the ones I used back in school or desktops, they getting laptops, tablets, ipads, my family who live among mountains in Honduras have better technology that me and I live in the USA ... no kidding. People in India, Africa have satelite tv on their huts, etc etc. The world is CONNECTED ...and yes, this will allow for the universal preaching of the Gospel too, but NOT the Watchtower gospel.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Oops ! The SAD's , started around the same time, twice as big and baptise more than twice as many as the Dubs each year. Now, there is a cult that is still growing ! Don't get sucked in though, they can be as nasty as JW's to those who leave. ..." Phizzy page 1

Scientology is called "Sci"?? Seventh-Day Adventists are called "SDA"?? And Mormons are called "Church of the Latter-Day Saints", or "LDS"...

But Phizzy, who the heck are the "SAD's"????

QUANDRY!!! LOVEyour slogans!!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks, Zid....it is therapy!

• moshe
    moshe

No preaching work? That is one of the main ways they differentiate "good JWs", from weak (let's avoid you) JWs. No more smug "I'm a pioneer" brothers and sisters to lord it over the rest of the KH. I see some real depressed JWs ahead, if the preaching work is officially over and then the realization begins to creep in that their whole life's work was just a sham act to enrich a religious publishing company.

• mP
    mP

Its amazing how such few words in Mt 24:14 they have spun so many ideas. Not only is it a law, but somehow this same scripture with its few words has also allowed them to formulate a mission, where to go, for how long, and im assuming when to stop and more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit