Another Memorial, and another year of at least one crazy partaker.

by wha happened? 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

What are your stories? I hope there are some fresh ones

• Dagney
    Dagney

Go to bed.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I took a break from taxes

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ouch.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

go to sleep. I am

• JRK
    JRK

You guys get to bed, I am getting up!

JK

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm bumping this because I posted it late last night and me and Dagney were just chatting. Here's a story I've told before.

In my congregation back in the 90's, a friend of mine married this brother who was all means, a few fries short of a happy meal. He decided he was annointed, at 28 years old. He would dress in a white suit, tie, belt, shoes, the works. When the wine came to him he would hold it up above his head, then drink it. The bread he did the same and I think he made as much noise as he could doing it. Last I heard he's still partaking

• Open mind
    Open mind

One year an elderly pioneer roped two of her elderly Bible Studies into attending the Memorial. One of them was Catholic and a little bit hearing impaired. She decided she would come see how JWs do "communion".

In spite of all the boring blather from the platform, when the crackers came around she grabbed one and started to nosh on it. The pioneer flipped out and gave her a whispering earful for a couple minutes. But due to the Bible student's hearing issues, the "whispering" was somewhere around 75 decibels.

Anyway, when the wine came around the Catholic lady very begrudgingly passed the glass on without drinking it. But as she passed it she couldn't help but "whisper" (at about 85 decibels), "THIS IS STUPID!!"

People were holding back snickers for several rows around and the pioneer was mortified.

Best memorial I ever attended.

om

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Nothing like saying it, just like it really is.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

My 16 year old daughter has just confesed that as she saw the wine getting closer and closer her palms got sweatier and sweatier and she was terrified she would drop it, but not as terrified as I was that she would.

So glad to be out of that madness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit