WOW! Was it really last night?

by AK - Jeff 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I completely did not know the date of the Memorial this year. Just happened across a post on FB in which it was mentioned a few minutes ago.

THIS is a good thing - probably the first time in 50 years I did not know the day/time of the Memorial celebration of Jehovah's Witnesses. I did know that today is Good Friday and that Easter is Sunday. Although those holidays mean nothing to me either - I was thinking of having a little egg hunt here.

It is great to really be an X-xjw. Perhaps even better to be free of all foolish religion.

Jeff

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i didn't know either, last year i recieved an invitation in the letterbox, this year zilch

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Same here - I was under the impression it was Friday night, but apprently not!

No JWs knocked on my door this year with my invitation, either!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

the tip off for me was wifey buying a dress out of the blue, or so I thought.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    No JWs knocked on my door this year with my invitation, either!

Nobody knocked on my door either, but I had 3 letters in the post and a lot of texts and phone calls.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Come to think of it... I didn't get an invite either.....hmmmm...maybe its because last time they came round I gave them bags of WT literature back...EVERYTHING I had.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I tend to need to know when the Memorial is because of my JW wife, but this time around almost nothing was said about it. I did get an invitation in the mail from the local Spanish congo. (I live in a Spanish neighborhood) but it was addressed to "Residente."

But I get what you are saying- it's that unimportant to you.

Despite my family connections to active JWism, I barely know what's going on with the JW's. If I stayed away from JWN, I would know even less.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

not much pre memorial activity here either

• mindseye
    mindseye

Yes, I almost forgot until I saw the invitation posted on a friend's fridge. I used to get invited every year, but I think everyone got the message.

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

"Wow" was my reaction to this,also. Ever since my JW father passed away over a year ago, the JW influence is fading quickly. No more new mags laying around the house, no yearly invites to the Dist. Conventions. Weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit