Today, the Sudbury (Suffolk - UK) Congregation heard announced that "Rory Sullivan is no longer one of JWs"

by AndersonsInfo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Beautiful letter, but...

A four-sentence letter from a lawyer or solicitor would have been far more effective:

"Regarding my client, Mr. Just-doesn't-believe Anymore,
    Any efforts to make a pronouncement or to take action regarding Mr. Anymore's status as a Christian, his moral character or any other statements which may possibly affect his relationship with others will be viewed as a violation of Mr. Anymore's constitutional rights, in fact, violation of his First Amendment rights. In addition, we will seek assistance from the Superior Court of Anywere County or from the U.S. District Court in You-Are-Here, to protect those rights if necessary. In doing so, my client has requested that I seek attorney fees.
    If you have any questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me, Lawson Sharksteeth, Attorney at Law..."

[pulled from http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/184645/1/Lawyer-Letter-copy-to-Judicial-Committee ]

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Letters to an elder, or the GB, or whatever label they have given themselves, are propmtly thrown away. Nobody wants to give satan a chance to find a kink in their spiritual armour. Really they for the most part, act with impunity. I mean really, once the elders have df'd u, all u have is a silly process of making yourself out to have a bad attitude, called an appeal. With the exception of one, all my friends who were df'd and appealed it, were hung out to dry for a long time. The one shouldn't have been df'd to begin with as he was flippent about somethig he did PRIOR TO HIS BAPTISM.

If the letter writing is theraputic, well then go for it. All of us need to vent. That's what we do here. But when the elders, or the GB, or whatever gets these letters, it just empowers them. Now letters to authorities when they, the WT pulls crap, I'm all for that

• JWB
    JWB

Well, I'm afraid to say most of the elders, if not all, will continue to side with 'Mother', but that letter was very well written. Just thought the folk here might be interested in the following info.

Some Notes on the Suffolk (UK) Sudbury Congregation

According to information provided in the Sudbury CoJW documentation for the years 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009, the independent accounts examiner for the congregation for those years was a fellow JW. That person is also a trustee of and contact person for another congregation in the Suffolk area. Check the name and address given for the examiner in the 2008 or 2009 trustees' report against the contact name and address given here.

From the trustees' 2005 Report: "Funds have also been donated to the Society to assist them in carrying out their related religious purposes." "Money loaned to Associated Charities : £56,922.74." "The contribution of £2070 approved by Congregation resolutions for the charitable work of associated Charities." (90 congregation members that year)

From the trustees' 2006 Report: "Money loaned to Associated Charities: £58,817.49" "The contribution of £2060 approved by Congregation resolutions for the charitable work of associated Charities." (85 congregation members that year)

From the trustees' 2007 Report: "Money loaned to Associated Charities: £54,924.40" "The contribution of £2956 approved by Congregation resolutions for the charitable work of associated Charities." (91 congregation members that year)

From the trustees' 2008 Report: "Money loaned to Associated Charities: £80,413.47" "The contribution of £3356 approved by Congregation resolutions for the charitable work of associated Charities." (88 congregation members that year)

From the trustees' 2009 Report: "Money loaned to Associated Charities: £Nil" "The contribution of £3037.99 approved by Congregation resolutions for the charitable work of associated Charities." (87 congregation members that year)

Related to the Sudbury area

In late January of this year (2012), a JW who used to live in the Sudbury area, was convicted and jailed, with the following comments made in an article appearing in Suffolk (UK) local newspaper.

"The victims made allegations to the police after hearing in 2009 that Wood was taking up a role with Jehovah’s Witnesses in another part of the country that would have brought him into contact with young women."

"The court heard that in 2000 the victims told Jehovah’s Witness elders in west Suffolk about what Wood had allegedly done to them but it was left to the girls to decide if they wanted to go to the police."

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

First off, I really appreciate the support being given over this matter. I'm not sure quite how necessary it was for Barbara Anderson to put my name so much in the spotlight, but I can't fault her enthusiasm. Anyway, the announcement is now made, and I feel exhilarated.

wha happened has been doubtful over the point of writing such a letter, and I agree with much of what he says. It probably does empower them, and it won't make any difference, and so on, and so on. It was partly therapeutic, but only fractionally. It was seed thrown because who knows where it might have landed. I don't see the point of talking myself out of doing something because, "oh well, it won't work anyway". It was open for anyone to see because it might provide encouragement for anyone in the shadows. I believe it has been very helpful in that regard.

As for that article that appeared in the local press about Paul Wood - I haven't a clue who he is. Nobody has heard of him. There is stuff going back years. I have been in the congregation for over twenty years and I have never heard of this bloke. He even lived in the same road as us, allegedly. Didn't recognise his picture, either. It's a complete mystery what this is all about. I don't know who the two girls are, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit