Do I have this right?

by allyouneedislove 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Since most of the WTS's long standing doctrines such as 1914 are starting to unravel, its not surprising that they would crank

up " You must obey and not question them " proclamation. These are nothing more but decisive controls to maintain their power

and sustain the organization for which they hold the highest position within.

Goes to show how far fear and ignorance can be played out onto people and coercively exploit them to your own means.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Slick mind control can work on even very intelligent people.

John Travolta has made millions playing in the movies, and can fly his own jet plane - but he is still a Scientologist.

In practice, the "FDS" is probably the GB, but it's actually impossible to find out who's really at the helm of this thing. More and more, I'm beginning to suspect some shadow individual(s), probably a lawyer or accountant or some cadre of those ilk.

You know - as much as I despise silly conspiricay theories - this does not sound completely unlikely. A little inner circle of lawyers may well be controlling the legal, commercial, and business situation - while they let the GB play around in their geriatric doctrinal playpens.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

are to completely and unquestionably obey all teachings of the FDS, no matter if they personally believe such are wrong or if they

Go with what ever you think..........get the heck outta there

woz

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

"You know - as much as I despise silly conspiricay theories - this does not sound completely unlikely. A little inner circle of lawyers may well be controlling the legal, commercial, and business situation - while they let the GB play around in their geriatric doctrinal playpens.

I think the same thing. I too don't like the conspiracy game, but this is a business. I believe the GB is given the illusion of control, but are just puppets themselves. Doesn't let them off the hook however.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    many past teachings are now seen as incorrect

Well, according to the Watchtower, I don't think they technically would say they were "incorrect" ... the light just got brighter and an adjustment was needed.

• LV101
    LV101

Yes --- you are correct about them being very slick but it's wrong what they do to people.

• allyouneedislove
    allyouneedislove

Seems like a break in logic. I have tried to find an example in scripture to show that this type of theocratic structure is OK or an example that mirrors it.

• heathen
    heathen

Once I did question openly the generation teaching way back in the 80's and was quaintly told that if I didn't agree I should go ahead and start my own religion because that was the current light the gen of 1914 would not pass away. I swear that was probably the best advice I ever got from a dub . I eventually gave up on religion all together .

• factfinder
    factfinder

Yes. My jw brother believes that obedience to the slave/gb is more important than anything else.

If you disobey the slave/gb you are disobeying Jehovah.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

It's exciting being a JW, because you don't know what your beliefs will be from week to week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit