Is The End of the "Preaching Work" Now In Sight?

by metatron 23 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Thanks, LV101!

The thing here is it wouldn't be a matter of legislation, just case law/precedent. It could happen gradually, across the country. I believe there was a nasty case some years ago involving a Catholic diocese and millions of dollars, involving an auto accident and a volunteer.

In such a context, C.O.'s might be very disadvantaged in taking out a group out in field service as agents/representatives/employees of the Watchtower Society. I continue to think they must see the problem here and must deal with it eventually.

metatron

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

If there was another busy work that would benefit the society more, then the preaching would be simplified.

Simplified in the society's meaning = abolished

• jam
    jam

I think they will have an increase, no one enjoy the

door to door work, that stop many from becoming

A JW,s.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The preaching work will never stop. There are too many beliefs that are attached to it. If preaching stopped before the end, the WT would be ridiculed for it, and many would be discouraged and leave. Revenue would also fall dramatically, and we all know that is not going to happen. The internet will never replace preaching. I've heard a blurb that it's likely that the WT will tell local congos to print some of the publications locally at the kingdom hall from the internet, especially study editions, so they can be given to publishers if needed. It seems more of a measure to pass along some of the cost of printing literature to local congregations.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Without preaching work, it would be harder to donate towards www.
    Without preaching work, JW would be like any other religion who only donate to upkeep the KH.

Their tipping point was internet and there is no turning it back. Their growth in developed/ing nations mostly from born ins or uneducated who won't examine the internet prior to agreeing to study with witnesses. Third world countries where people just don't have the money that wts wants, which may very well be wts put an end to missionaries because the west was supporting t he poor nations rather than the money flowing into the wts' pockets.

As someone said, preaching work and meetings keeps witnesses busy, busy enough so they don't find too much time to enjoy the real life or make friends in the world. It keeps them busy enough so they don't discover the truth about the wts.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

so is the message in the preaching work ever going to change? wasn't that a prophesy?

i remember an elder commenting on how jdubs don't like preaching even though its all about the paradise hope.

then he said these ones really wont like it when the message changes and the door of the ark closed and we start preaching judgement because now it is too late for worldlies, no more paradise stories.

when was the last time you heard this type of talk?

are they phasing out the "message changing" prophesy?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As long as they wish to keep their head buried in the sand and refuse to acknowledge that the Age of Aquarius has dawned, they are going to keep on preaching. Which is going to be all the more a waste of time, since not only they are fighting common sense in householders, but they are fighting against the Age of Aquarius. Yet, some will fight right to the death for their religion, no matter how stupid it is.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Isaiah 6 : 11-12

"11 At this I said: “How long, O Jehovah?” Then he said: “Until the cities actually crash in ruins, to be without an inhabitant, and the houses be without earthling man, and the ground itself is ruined into a desolation; 12 and Jehovah actually removes earthling men far away, and the deserted condition does become very extensive in the midst of the land. "

They always said this to us...Until the very end !
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

One sister told me, while we were out door to door, "you do realize that doing this is just to keep us busy till Armageddon, don't you?"

All innocent () and rosy-eyed I was shocked, and checked back with the pioneer who was "coaching" me for the field service. She rephrased it and made it sound much more idealistic, but in effect confirmed it. I subsequently checked again with my study conductor, because it sounded so very cynical to me, and she confirmed it, also makieng it sound logical and idealistic.

• elderelite
    elderelite

They also quote the scripture that says "by no means will you comPlete the curcit of the cities of the sons of isreal beforethe son of man returns" . They teach the preaching will never stop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit