Mem invitations

by AnonJW 11 Replies latest jw friends

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

I have heard quite a few reports of how the invitation work has not been carried out as enthusiastically as it was last year. During the 2011 campaign, many due to the reduced hour requirement pioneered for the month, some congregations had over 50% of it’s members doing this. This year it has all changed, and even though some have made an extra effort, not nearly as many as did last year. Anybody hear similar?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good. I hope they end up having more than 90% of their work left to do when the deadline comes. Seems that atheism and Devil worship do not need evangelism, yet they are spreading faster than other religions without missionaries.

And I hope their REJECT Jesus Party attendance is below their 2011 normal for a Thursday evening boasting session. One thing that would be a nice slap in their faces would be to see the attendance drop below 7 million, while they continue seeing more partakers.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

What still amazes me about the invitation is the way it starts with the 'how do you think of Jesus' and then continues with 'let us tell you'.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I don't think as many signed up in my folks congregation this year. Sounds like they all tried to get their time in as quickly and worthlessly as possible. It's all about the numbers.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

We had just as many sign up, but less territory has been covered.

Things that make you go hmm.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I had some chit chat with a dub that knows I'm inactive. This person asked if we're attending this year and I said I was undecided. This person said that they ran out of invitations and had just got some more in...

This makes me think. Supply issues? Are they being conservative with how many invites they are sending out to the congos? If I had to guess I'd say maybe they're being cheap and sending out more conservative amounts. Thoughts?

• steve2
    steve2

I did not see any JWs sipping coffee in between calls in our local seaside cafes this time round. Looks like their numbers could be down. Another sign perhaps??

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

We didn't get as many A Pioneers this year as last. Last year was horrible weatherwise. Some barely made their time. The weather was much better this year, and that had a better impact on increased activity in our KH....but, a reduction in A pioneer.

The reduction in hrs (30hrs) is a novelty. This will fade out with time.

I hate the titles, the quotas, the bragging.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it does get old after a while

• Purza
    Purza

While walking my dog last Sunday, I saw an invitation in the gutter.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit