Does anyone else find this very disturbing?

by tootired2care 13 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Uhm---yes. It's disturbing that the president would speak out in support of a law, that he signed, that would guarantee healthcare coverage to millions of Americans including children and those with pre-existing conditions. SHOCKING

• Violia
    Violia

yes it is disturbing that a president would appear threaten the supreme court

the president of Mexico, thank gawd Gov Perry cares what happens to the young folks in Texas. When you clean up your parasite country , maybe people will want to go there on spring break.

• baltar447
    baltar447

That's the last straw. I don't care if Satan himself runs for president I've voting against Obama.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

After thinking about this carefully; I guess I must be a racist for thinking that the POTUS should not be coercing the the supreme court to see things his way, instead of allowing them to adjudicate the law according to the CONSTITUTION. If this dim-witted administration had half a brain they would have crafted the law so it wouldn't have to go the supremes in the first place! What a complete joke.

Nothing to see here...just move along

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Interesting. So why did you bring race into the issue? Nobody here accused you of being a racist. But just like that, you started down that path. Poor persecuted soul---you just accused yourself of being a racist for not supporting Obama. Damn liberals.

NC

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I know it's just terrible...I guess it might be because deep down i'm just a wanna-be liberal ; and besides it just feels so nice for once, to be the first to cry racist for no legitamate reason at all to get my way.

• garbonzo
    garbonzo

WTF? Troll much? No one is saying Obama is perfect, but he is damn better than Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum, or Newt Gingrich, that's for sure! I don't think there should be ANY debate over that at all.

What are you complaining about exactly, anyway? It doesn't violate the constitution, President Washington himself mandated that everyone buy a rifle! Countless other mandates by the government to buy things. WTF?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Not usually no, trying to get out of my comfort zone.

I'm not complaining i'm just pointing out how awkward, strange and frankly disturbing this is that the POTUS is talking down to the SC like a parent talking to child you better pass this or else; this is not a good precedent to set...I've gotta say with gaffes like this, he must have some of the worst advisors of any president.

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. The solicitor general who presented the case did a major botched job of presenting arguments and so Obama is making a desperate attempt here. As far as Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum, or Newt Gingrich I could not agree with you more, although I think Ron Paul would be better than Obama.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

We have a SCOTUS that routinely splits decisions down party lines. Nobody trusts that. Of course, there is an argument that we should expect that because they are who they are and will rule accordingly. But then we see Thomas and how his wife headed so much of the Tea Party trash, and how he was wined and dined by the Tea Party, knowing this ruling was coming up. Had another judge acted in this way, he would have been disqualified from ruling. No big deal. Judges have private lives, but when something so obviously appears to be a conflict, they simply don't rule. Not so with SCOTUS. Nobody can do anything to make sure they will listen with any pretense of neutrality. Okay.

You think that Obama committed some kind of gaffe by being strong? FDR wanted his new deal passed, and figured that since the constitition didn't limit the number of justices on the supreme court, so he threatened to simply add more justices. I think a few words from Obama is pretty mild compared to this.

What precedent? Supporting a position? Saying so? I just fail to see what was so terrible about anything he said. I'm not sure what is going on over at FOX, but remember, even his choice of mustard freaked them out.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit