How do JW's and their apologists' explain this?

by ldrnomo 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

http://news.yahoo.com/study-ancestors-used-fire-million-years-ago-190741815.html

Just saying,

When I was In, articles like this always used to rub my cognicent dissanence the wrong way

How can JW's and other fundamentalist religion's except Adam and Eve as the start of all mankind some 6000 years ago?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Satan "planted" that "evidence"!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Of course baltar447 why didn't I think of that logical explanation

• mP
    mP

not quite, jehovah fabricated that evidence to test our faith.

• Nambo
    Nambo

And for what reason do you consider adherents of the Humanism religion to be more trustworthy than promoters of Christianity?

I wonder if these are the same people who told you Iraq had weapons of mass destruction or that Muslims did 911?

Ive learnt to trust nobody, especially those who have made so much money that they own and control the information they get you to see.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It's not just Jehovah's Witnesses, it's a problem that Christianity must grapple with in general.

In one apocryphal scripture: "Wherefore, all things which have been revealed unto the children of men shall at that day [of the Millennium] be revealed; and Satan shall have power over the hearts of the children of men no more."

We have no writings of men that date back to 5000 B.C. or earlier, though many anthropologists say people have been around for much longer. Christians pretty much stand on the notion that when Jesus returns, He will make all things known back to the Beginning. "And not only this, but those things which never have been revealed from the foundation of the world, but have been kept hid from the wise and prudent, shall be revealed unto babes and sucklings in this, the dispensation of the fulness of times."

I had a professor who was a rabid atheist, and he made everyone read Holy Blood, Holy Grail and many of the works of French philosopher Albert Camus, including The Myth of Sisyphus. He quoted someone (can't recall who) who said that the three most common forms of suicide were: 1) marriage, 2) a 40-hour work week, and 3) a revolver. It was an entertaining course, but I didn't buy into atheism. In fact, I worked back in the early 70s with a very sharp guy who was a grounds keeper. He also was an alcoholic and he happened to know Camus and worked with him during the War. He talked about how he was almost poisoned with a piece of chocolate and he knew quite a bit about Camus' personal philosophies. In fact, he said that Camus, shortly before his death, not only completely reversed himself on atheism, he was considering entering the priesthood in the Catholic church! (Camus died in an automobile accident when a friend offered him a ride in lieu of a railroad trip.) Anyway, the guy was fascinating when he wasn't trashed! He had a lot of war stories.

Christianity depends on there being an Adam and Eve. Adam fell and Christ redeemed man from the Fall. This is Christian dogma, and alas, the JWs eschatology, while ridiculous in many ways, is still built on this Christian doctrine. The history of science also is laced by many errors that make it far from reliable. I believe Christ will clear all this up during His Millennial reign. Meanwhile it's a leap of faith for most Christians.

• biometrics
    biometrics

How do JW's and their apologists' explain this?

They explain it the same way many scientists explain man-made items found in coal that is supposedly 300 million years old:

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=stuff_in_coal

They simply ignore it!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I never heard that Camus was no longer an existentialist at his death. Wikipedia is a life saver.

• glenster
    glenster

The JWs leaders' ransom doctrine (Adam/Jesus) uses a literal Adam and Eve.
    I'm not sure if they currently put a date on it. Christianity may use something
    specific or more generally consider God as reconciling mankind to Himself.

The JWs leaders verses a more general reconciliation idea: use Edit > Find >
    ransom (click twice)
    http://glenster1.webs.com/gtjbrooklyn8.htm

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

They don't have to explain anything, they're witlesses and we all know God's people never get anything wrong, so whatever they say is right even if their is no evidence and it makes no sense at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit