New Rumor: Downsizing Circuits/Assemblies

by metatron 61 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have a question here - what on earth does "synching up the COs" mean? Each CO goes around to each congregation in his own circuit, right? I would assume not all circuits have the exact same number of congregations, and do not have their circuit assemblies on the same weekend...also, there have always been assistant or temporary COs to fill in schedule gaps - such as when a regular CO was sick or had to take time off.

So - I know how to synch up the engines on a twin engine airplane, synch up the frequency of an electrical generator before bringing it on line, and so on - but I am completely lost about what "synching up the Circuit Overseers" could really mean in practical terms.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The synching up has to do with the 3 year "terms" of circuit overseers. Apparently they had been "overlapping" so they could not move a CO in "the middle" of his term somewhere else. Now all of their terms should begin and end at the same 3-year intervals, allowing the society more flexibility in moving them.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

There is some truth in this rumour.

I know that in this district (North-West England) it was announced there will be 2 venues for the DC this year; MEN Arena (as has been for the last 15 or so years) and Liverpool Echo. I don't really see this as a cost-cutting measure though. . . Both arenas are used year-round for Gigs/Sports events. They managed to fit everyone in the MEN arena just fine last year. Why waste money on booking another place for the same 3 days?

They must be expecting a boost in numbers, is all I can think.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

In the US, particularly the NY metro area, there has not been a DC in a rented arena for years- they have been all spread out into CA Halls. Finally this year, there is actually one in a stadium in Trenton NJ. I think the CA halls were getting overused.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Could back off to two days and just 'feed' the folks for longer days, to me it seems that they start late and end early......

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

This has already happened. In NYC they have been using the Queens Assembly Hall (a building developed for Circuit Assemblies) for District Conventions and have been doing so for the past several years.

• Londo111
    Londo111

What was the source of the rumor?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a DC in a CA hall just doesn't seem right, nostalgialess.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

All of this says that the $$$$$ isn't coming in like it used to. Awwwwwwww .......... too bad!

HappyDad

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Synching up the COs is definitely going to happen starting this Sept 2012. For example if a CO was assigned for the 2011-2012 service year they will either serve for 1 year and receive a new assignment or serve as the CO for 4 years.

Getting rid of the DC would be great but would never work in MA since the Natick Assembly Hall is being used almost every weekend as it is. Combining circuits would be extremely difficult since attendance is usually at capacity. In addition, the DC at UMass Amherst Mullins Center is cheap (relatively speaking), they only charge utilities used etc and rental fee since the WTS is considered an "educational organization". Amherst, MA is probably the most inconvenient place to have a DC. The campus is located in Western MA in the middle of nowhere. The DC used to be held in Providence, RI which was centrally located. Driving to Amherst is getting old and people are tired of the inconvenience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit