has anyone tried to "study" and get baptized again in a far away congregation?

by Sofi 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• TOTH
    TOTH

I was just thinking about this last week! I was considering doing it purely to disrupt the congregation I selected! LOL

My plan was to amble past a street working jw and allow them to engage ME. That way THEY catch all the heat for getting me involved...LOL Then I would try to argue but seem confused and bait them. It would be fun I think....

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Someone I know did it! But he doesn't count as he is complete nuts and on pills.

• Sofi
    Sofi

first of all, thank you everybody for your responses. Hard to aswer everything... I'm not a sexual predator! jeez. i'm a new mom, new to the country and so lonely. the thing is that, wherever i go, the witnesses find me, lol. i was living somewhere else before i moved again and my aunt was taking a study with the witnesses. one day she was trying to hide from them, so i had to talk to them. somehow, i have that "witness"personality, magnet for people that want to indoctrinate me. anyway, i started attending and a sister told me right in my face: "you were df'd, weren't you?" i broke into tears and told her the deal. she told me to go someplace else and get reinstated. my boyfriend talked me out it it, but when i was pregnant, another jw got me while i was walking to the supermarket. it's a year from that, i'm "taking a study" playing dumb but wears me out sometimes. i have gone to some meetings, but wearing jeans and taking forever to find a text in the bible. I want to be low profile, but as i go with my daughter, who is a little smiley sweetheart, i just don't stay out of the radar as i'd like. i'm not married and for reasons outside of what i can do right now, i can't marry (long story) but i live with my daughter's father, we are a loving family and he calls me his wife and has told everybody i am (except his family, who knows the deal). I guess i just want to belong to something familiar and long for my old congregation. i'm going through postpartum depression, not the best time for me to be ignored by a whole auditorium of people. defeats all the purpose for what i attend in the first place. i can't say i believe in everything they teach anymore, actually some stuff sound like a load of crap. i believed blindly it when i was younger and more easily influenced, and i was some of those "example"kids that were just waiting to be 19 to fill out the application for bethel..but that's for another post

• Sofi
    Sofi

Why would you want to go back?

In spite of the question, I do understand why someone might do such a thing, especially if they wanted, or needed, to get back in and didn't fancy all the ass-kissing it would take to get reinstated.

You could have a fresh start without the DF/DA stigma and it would be easier; I've seen "new" ones come in and get baptized in as little as 4-6 months, but reinstatement can take a minimum of 6 months and sometimes years.

If you had to go back, which route would you choose?

i don't know how to quote, so i don't know if i got it right

in my original congregation, was soo easy. they would reinstate anybody fairly quickly. pretty much everybody that was out, was because of fornication, so it was just a common thing. here they don't know me, i'd have to prove myself and subject myself to the elders and pretty much all the congregation judgement. and yes, the df'd stigma stinks. why anybody has to know your deal? your past sin don't remain a secret, everybody gets to know why you were df'd. i don't want that shame on my daughter and husband, since i got df'd for something i did before i met him. i don't know what way to choose, but i'd really like to come clean and do what i have to do, put my head down and take all the bs that comes along with showing "humility", i'll let you guys know how it goes...

• sspo
    sspo

Would be easier to play the game of being reinstated than going thru the process of getting baptized all over again.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I really don't know why anybody would want to subject themselves to this organization after being disfellowshipped.

If you don't create a life for yourself and apply yourself at filling the time that the Borg use to occupy, you may be tempted to go back. You really have to move on in every, single sense of the word. You will develop new friendship, new relationship and have better experiences, but in order to do that, you can't look back.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

hell no. I cant stomach anything remotely god related let alon JW related

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

One deaf brother was df'd on the East coast (USA) He moved to the West Coast. He acted like interested study and then he became unbaptized publisher til a brother that knew him from East Coast visited his district assembly (hearing audience with sign language section). He recognized him signing and exposed him for good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit