Will Embracing the Internet lead to Increased Growth for the Watchtower?

by jwfacts 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    savvy use of social media, a slick app for the iphone/ipad users, monitoring and contributing to twitter chatter....

They'll do this.....in about the year 2050.

The chuckleheads are hopelessly behind, yet again.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Will Embracing the Internet lead to Increased Growth for the Watchtower?

I don't think so. I think the Internet causes them more damage than benefit.

HOW MANY ARE HERE AS A RESULT OF SEARCHING THE INTERNET? (Show of hands, please.)

See there. Interested/curious people google JWs, or see the website on the WT and they will find the JW Official Website.

But look at everything else out there that is available. (Hopefully they won't stumble onto Six Screens or the equivalent.)

THE ONLY THING THAT WILL LEAD TO INCREASED GROWTH FOR THE WT IS:

[DRUM ROLL]

BAD TIMES! Economic Bad Times. Personal life bad times. National Disaster bad times. Etc, etc.

Bad times bring people in searching for better things.

Doc

• jworld
    jworld

on my way out a couple years ago I was "witnessing" to a friend and directed him to Watchtower.org. He read a few articles and was offended by the way women were protrayed and the overall message.

The Watchtower philosphy is so out of touch with how people live and think, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The internet will not be able to legetimize their outdated message.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

IMO as someone already said, this is not about making more converts, since this will offer nothing more than the current Watchtower website already offers.

This is obviously a cost saving move. They will encourage rank and file JWs to print their own literature which will save them in printing costs for the study edition of the Watchtower etc. I'm sure there will be a follow up letter advising publishers that they should still contributing the same way, since there are technology costs with doing things in this manner when in reality the costs go down dramatically.

On the other hand, they will not lose revenue on the placement of literature, since obviously Dubbs will continue picking up the public edition of the literature and donating for this, so that it can be placed during preaching.

Overall, it's a great marketing move - all the marking of typical corporate thinking.

• Alfred
    Alfred

The last time I checked, the Top Ten Sites (other than Google) were... Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo, Live email, Wikipedia, MSN, BlogSpot, Bing, Microsoft.com and Ask.com...

The Society claims that JW.org gets 400,000 daily hits... I don't know if that's a good number of hits or not but this site is ranked somewhere around 7,500 !!!

Also, the reality is that most people don't turn on their computers to get their spirituality on, they go to their neighborhood church or turn on their TVs Sunday morning. That's plain reality.

If the WT really want to broaden their internet presence, they sure have a L-O-N-G way to go...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit