Tim Horton's

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 64 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Not sure about the Ohio packaging but there is a Timmie's main warehouse location somewhere north east..can't recall exactly but I once in a fit of Timmie's withdrawl in Callifornia, tried to get them to mail me some.

The bagels???!!! The latest is a jalapeno/cheese and it is amazing and yes, the sandwiches are really fresh. In fact, my wonderful father and brother just left after bringing me a large Timmie's coffee and forcing me to ingest a couple of Timbits!....sammies

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

it's all about a reliable cup of coffee.

before tim's we had robins donuts or 7-11 coffee or mcdonalds old roast. they all sucked.

starbucks and second cup are alittle too fancy and strong coffee.

i get a bagel and a coffee everyday for 9:30 am coffee time.

but they still use flouride water in their coffee......

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

Its good, but not great. Whoever was and is incharge of advertising, promoting and creating the image of it being a truly Canadian thing, is a compleat genius. They took a mediocer restraunt with mediocer food and mediocer service, and turned it into a canadian staple. It's become just about as Canadian as hockey, beavers and canoes. I don't get it. At least I've won a couple dounghts and small coffees during Roll Up, although I had to buy a hundred coffees first. But as long as we could go for coffee and get a break from service I was happy, didn't care where. Even if it was when someone 'had an RV with Mr. Horton.'

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I've had it... They brought it to the Northeast USA for awhile, but they slowly closed up shop...too many people LOVE their Dunkin Donuts up there lmao.

However, I enjoyed their sandwiches and soups (the cream of broccoli was DELICIOUS), but prefer a different donut when I'm in the mood for one. They did have a couple of good ones (loved the coconut cream), though.

The coffee is good, but when I drink coffee, I'm kind of a snob. I've had REALLY GOOD top of the line coffee, so I'm kind of critical when it comes to flavor and aroma... But that's just me. I also didn't like the crushed ice in the cold beverages.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

It's all about the coffee. The other stuff you get there are the Bells and Whistles.

Good company, comfortable seats, well maintained Canadian washrooms, Canadian maple, No tipping, a real relaxing atmosphere.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

no tipping?

• talesin
    talesin

Tim Horton was a mediocre hockey player in the NHL. He died. I'm not sure if he opened the shop originally, or someone else did.

A great marketing plan was implemented, and a franchise was born. The coffee is okay at best.

End of story.

tal

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

seems like Canadianites are proud of anything, Canadian. Even mediocre coffee shops

• talesin
    talesin

lol! I used to be proud of our lack of greed, our medical system, our educational system, our peace-keeping trops, and our liberal justice system.

Now, there's nothing left to be proud of, except for the fact that the thousands of tourists that come to my province every summer say they love it here, and we are so 'nice'.

We still have RUSH, Sarah MacLaughlin (hometown gurl), and Neil Young (tho he now lives in the US and took dual citizenship so he would have the 'right' to criticize the political system), so I dunno, does that count?

t

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what about that mediocre beer?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit