Photo ID Badges for Quick Builds

by metaspy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on here much lately.

I just thought I would drop by and let you know of something I received.

From when I was 12 until I was 25, I worked on Quick builds.
    I started out just helping out wherever they would put me - then joined an actual crew: Attendants. I used to flag for forklifts. Then I asked if I could learn how to be an electrician because the flagging was about as boring as watching grass grow.
    I only worked on electric crew 1 year, back in 2006.
    I just got an email from my attendant crew overseer saying that I need to submit a photo for my id badge so that i can go to quickbuilds. "We have started the process of printing the photo ID badge cards required to access building projects in the future. Our records indicate you have not yet uploaded a picture."

1) Does anyone know if they are having issues with unauthorized people being on the worksite?
    2) It has been almost 6 years since i went to a quickbuild. Are they that bad at paperwork?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Control. I guess you need an ID and special handshake whereas before u could just show up. I do know they restrict people on quickbuilds as well. I knew a sister who was told not to show up at a quickbuild because she married someone who was studying, but not baptized yet

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

It is a control issue. In addition, the many that have nothing to do after FS who show up and it becomes a social event. The 400 pounders show-up for a free meal and there is an infestation of single females between the ages of 18-100 that show-up and help in some capacity as the camouflage for manhunting. Stay Clear!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

1)Health and safety !!!! (They dont care about people, think back 20 years and the level of safety... until Satan's rules got involved and made it all safe.... but yeah liability and people getting hurt is expensive.)

2)The ease of getting on site and stealing stuff. The metal for the heating and air system is worth plenty and plenty goes missing every build!

3) The cost of feeding so many wandering local JW's that just go "ooooooh look at the color of the chairs....awful!" and "ahhh i told you they were going to go with the elders colour scheme and not the one voted by the congregation!" Only to then say Amen ! at the end of the congregtions opening ceremony....lost track a bit there... so yeah these people turn up at lunch time and done time.

4) Pesky unwanted JW's and non JW's.This is about power, these guys that run these RBC's think they are KINGS. They dont want pesky locals that see them as 'just' elders, wandering around questioning their 'authority'. The amount of in-fighting and spats between RBC and local elders is ridiculous. Its like watching two male lion cubs claw each other. The power of course always lies with the HQ appointed RBC. So hypocritical... especially when they then go on to tell the whole world about their superhuman peace and cooperation during building these cult indoctrination centres.

5) No unapproved photos or info regarding costs, opulance etc or illegal working methods.

6) Apostates (have to be on the list somwhere). I think they are scared to death of us. They should be, we have seen behind the curtain you cheeky lying terds !

Snare x

• AnneB
    AnneB

I'd want to be really sure it was WTBTS that required the photo ID. Maybe it's just some local who has decided to play cop. Information gathering is a lucrative business; I wouldn't be too quick to comply..and I'd be asking questions of higher-ups (like the Service Desk at WT HQ).

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

infestation of single females between the ages of 18-100 that show-up and help in some capacity as the camouflage for manhunting

I was once a single male and this was the best reason to work on the quick builds

• Violia
    Violia

as the above poster says, it is a major hook up place. Many times it is like an assembly. Also, I can well imagine that folks with bad intentions could easily take advantage of sisters who are trusting all there are jws. It has to have happened at some time.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

does not shock me one bit

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Photo ID?..

JW`s look at each other For 5 meetings a week and 10hrs in field service a month..

Not including Assemblies and Special talks

It`s 1 more attempt to look WatchTardedly Important..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• VM44
    VM44

"We have started the process of printing the photo ID badge cards required to access building projects in the future. Our records indicate you have not yet uploaded a picture."

Here is a picture you can upload. See what reaction you get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit