Awake! June 2012 21 confirms that Andre has moved to East Timor

by therevealer 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Just had a looky at WT Library, and we can trace Andre...

Andre was born in 1970/1, and helped deliver his baby sibling when he was 6 "When six-year-old Andre’s mother went into labor at home in New York, he was the only one there to help. “Go into the bathroom and fill a basin with hot water,” he was instructed" Awake 1977 12/8 pg 28.

By 1987 he is 17 and has a sister Anna-Marie: "Anne Marie and her brother Andre concur on the advantages of having a ready companion... Seventeen-year-old Andre echoes the Bible’s words at 1 John 4:20 when he says: “If you can’t get along with people you can see, how can you get along with Jehovah, whom you can’t see?” Awake! 9/22 pg25

In 1989 he is still finding it hard to get along with his sister - bet he wishes he hadnt helped at the birth now: " Young Andre adds: “When you’re at home . . . , you act the way you really are.” Unfortunately, ‘acting the way you really are’ often means dispensing with politeness, kindness, and tact"... But there's something dodgy here, we've established he was 17 in 1987 (Sidebar, why the hell weren't his parents pioneering in readiness for 1975???) however two years later he is STILL 17! "Seventeen-year-old Andre echoes the Bible’s words ..." yp ask book 1989 pg 50.

In 1990 Andre is back in the Awake! and he's getting a bit snippy about other 'youths' who havent got baptised yet "A youth named Andre observes: “A lot of youths wait until they are 17 or 18 to get baptized, which is a little old.” Why? “Because long before that they’re old enough to make other decisions for themselves.” Awake! 4/8 pg 15. In 2007 Andre, by now an evidently very youthful 37 year old, is conflicted between playing sports for his school and devoting his life to religious crap. Andre has a staring role in the DVD "Young people ask: What should I do with my life" and the congregation gets to discuss him in an item": (1) What similarities are there between Timothy, who is spoken of in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and Andre? (Acts 16:1; 1 Tim. 4:8; 2 Tim. 1:5) (2) How was Andre being pressured to excel in athletics, and by whom? (3) Who proved to be positive influences on Timothy and on Andre, and in what ways? " KM April 07 pg 6 Where will Andre appear next!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Has anyone got a list of the places where Andre made an appearance in the magazines? It might make a funny page.

• dozy
    dozy

In 2009 , Andre is helpfully dispelling shrewd advice on child rearing , albeit with rather poor grammar , perhaps as a result of following the Society policy on further education.

"The older your children get,” says a father named Andre, “the more you need to adjust your approach and to reason with him.

In 2011 he has a narrow escape from an explosion.

I WILL never forget that Monday morning at the post office,” reflected Andre, a white South African-born man living in Namibia. “The place was jam-packed with people. I saw a suspicious bag left unattended nearby. I asked for my mail and left. After driving for only about three minutes, I heard a tremendous blast.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

If anyone wants to do a further search "Andre" with an accent over the 'e' gets a lot more hits.

Andre with an accent has a masturbation 'problem' spanning a couple of magazines, and he also gets discouraged by harsh counsel!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

OMG---after a year here, this is the first time I heard the Chronicles of Andre! You have absolutely made my day!

NC

• dozy
    dozy

I think the argument behind the use of the generic "Andre" term was that it was a name that worked well in many languages and was relatively uncommon. Nothing worse when you sitting in a Watchtower study and have to cringe with embarrassment when your namesake "Steve" is mentioned who has a struggle with masturbation or "Jenny" who was immorally sleeping with a wordly work mate.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

In 1961, 9 years before he was born, Andrew moved with his wife and children to Renunion: "The Pégoud family—André, Jeannine, and their six-year-old son, Christian—along with Noémie Duray, a relative, heeded the call. They docked in January 1961." Yearbook 2007

In 2006 Andre struggles with masturbation: "A young man named André had similar thoughts. “I felt like such a hypocrite,” he says. “It was a struggle to get out of bed in the morning and face the day. I found it difficult to sit through Christian meetings or to participate in the ministry.” Awake! Nov 2006

In 2006, Andre has been promoted to the WT from the Awake, and has somehow managed to qualify as a Doctor: "Consider the case of André, a Christian elder, father, and medical doctor in Europe. When André was on all-night duty in the hospital, female colleagues repeatedly pinned notes—decorated with hearts—to his pillow, inviting him to have sexual relations with them. André steadfastly refused to entertain their advances. " w06 8/1.

However also in 2006 Andrey changes how he spells his name and moves to Russia, where, back in school again, he refuses to read a book . "Andrey rejoices that he decided to follow his Bible-trained conscience by not reading material that dishonors Jehovah and his Son, Jesus Christ. Such a stand not only protected him from unscriptural views but also opened up a marvelous opportunity to share vital Bible truths with others." W06 3/1

In 2004 the yearbook recounts how Andre revitalised he mid-week preaching arrangement in Brazzaville in 1981: "As André continued preaching that morning, he met a brother who said: “We have all got out of the habit of preaching from house to house.” This brother then told other publishers about André’s activity. In the afternoon several sisters came to the meeting for service. "

In 2003, Andre is back in France literally crying with appreciation about the 2002 yearbook: “I’ve completed reading the 2002 Yearbook. I couldn’t help but cry while reading about your activity in Ukraine. I wish to let you know how much encouragement I have received from your zealous example and strong faith. I am proud to belong to the same spiritual family as you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!”—Andrée, France. Wt 10/1

Andre is my hero.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Where the hell is "East Timor"????

• Bella15
    Bella15

LOL !!!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Rotfl!!!! Then dubbies version of 'waldo' "wheres Andre"

Share this

Google+