Help on: GB comparing themselves to Moses, Jesus, Prophets

by DesirousOfChange 23 Replies latest forum announcements

• designs
    designs

Timothy,

This is just a repeat of Vicarious Christi speaking ex-cathedra. This position gets a personal flavor added to it by various christian denominations and christian persuasions ie Born Againers or those claiming to be Slain in the Spirit.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Thanks for the replies.

What I was searching for was an article that listed the persons or groups that God used throughout history -- Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus -- and then the WTS added themselves to this exclusive list.

Thanks to anyone if that rings a bell.

Trying to seach WT-Library for those words is just too broad.

Doc

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The WTS. has been inspired to lie as a self supporting means of empowerment and to sell its literature to the public.

The WTS. leaders have done what many other religions have done and that is to self proclaim that they are spirit directed by god.

Self proclaiming themselves in this way helps to lure people to their organization as well toward establishing a sense of viability.

Lying is a valuable asset to all religions, without it most probably wouldn't exist.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

They do compare themselves to Jesus, even wrote themselves into this prophecy as equal to Jesus.

June 15, 2012 page 8 Par 4 (study edition - you just won't find this kind of craziness in the public edition)

"Soon after the rebellion in Eden, Jehovah made a promise that a "woman" would produce a "seed." (Read Genesis 3:15.) That seed would eventually bruise the serpent, Satan, in the head. Jehovah later revealed that the seed would come through Abraham, belong to the nation?of Israel, be a Judean, and be a descendant of King David. (Gen. 22:15-18; 49:10; Ps. 89:3, 4; Luke 1:30-33) The principal part of that seed proved to be Christ Jesus. (Gal. 3:16) The secondary part of the seed is made up of the spirit anointed members of the Christian congregation. (Gal. 3:26-29) Jesus and these anointed ones unite to form God's Kingdom, the instrument with which God will crush Satan.—Luke 12:32; Rom. 16:20."

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Principal seed and secondary seed. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• mind blown
    mind blown

@mP If you read my post carefully, you'll see I was qouting from the WT article above, not agreeing with it.

• mP
    mP

MindBlown:

I was adding the question for emphasis, and simply because you did not include your own opinion.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I included my own opinion to DOF's question above my first post. This is DOF's thread, if you'd like to start a new thread re your interests and questions (proving the bible un-inspired) which doesn't seem related to this thread, it is proper to do so.

• mind blown
    mind blown

@DOF not sure if this is what you needed:

"For an answer, people should listen to the plain preaching by the remnant prefigured by Jeremiah, for these preach to men the present-day fulfillment of Jeremiah's prophecies. Who made them a prophet to speak with the authority that they claim? Well, who made Jeremiah a prophet?" Watchtower 1959 Jan15 pp.39-41

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"
    These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. Thus this group of anointed followers of Jesus Christ, doing a work in Christendom paralleling Ezekiel's work among the Jews, were manifestly the modern-day Ezekiel, the "prophet" commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news of God's Messianic kingdom and to give warning to Christendom."Watchtower 1972 Apr 1 pp.197-199 '

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Moving My Bowels To the Outer Limits Of Logic and Linear Thinking to bring you the latest delusions of grandeur brought forth by the Governing Body Of The Jehovah’s Witnesses.

When I say that the governing body is pathologically delusional i mean that in the nicest way. They mean to infect others with their mental illness and delusions of grandeur. It’s all about the ego of the governing body and propagating their delusions upon the 7 million Jehovah’s witness crazy train. It’s not easy to fool 7 Million people but somehow they have managed this and kept the racket going for 100 years. Now that’s pretty amazing if you ask me considering the math of 7 million people via ing for a spot on the 144,000 crazy train. Do the math and it comes out to 1 in 10,000 jehovah’s witnesses getting on the crazy train out of the 7 billion world population. And the chances are getting smaller every day that the population grows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit