Judge Rutherford

by goddidit 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• goddidit
    goddidit

Please could someone tell me the significance of this text that I found at
    http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/THPG9B658RQ9IG6N6

>>>
    If you don't think the Watch Tower Society is a liar and hides information from their people, just go to their site, www.watchtower.org - at their site is a search function. Do a search there on "rutherford" or "Judge Rutherford" - then ask yourself why there's only two references for "rutherford" and ZERO for "Judge Rutherford?"

WHAT are they hiding from you?

The TRUTH cannot be found ANYWHERE in the Watch Tower Society.

Now, go to www.google.com and in the search box, type in the words "judge rutherford" - you will get 339,000 returns.

AS you can see, the Watch Tower Society hides the truth. The Watch Tower Society selectively dispenses information to keep the cult in the best light.

>>>

Thanks

• Stealth
    Stealth

The truth is J.F. Rutherford was never an elected judge. He was a lawyer who filled in for a judge who went on vacation for a week. This is how it was done in the 1890's. He took on the title of judge to make himself seem more of an authoirty figure.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

What are they hiding? The truth. The WT is famous for re-writing it's literature to cover up it's mistakes. To omit things to make themselves look better. To flat out lie.

Judge Rutherford was a bastard to the 10th power. The WT has worked very hard to cover up his history.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I don't think that's proof of anything - not having info on 'Judge Rutherford.' I think the site is designed to inform the public of their current beliefs and give the briefest of overviews of WTS history. Punch 'Rutherford' into the search box and this is what you get - incidental mentions. And you think they are going to do anything other than portray their history in the best light? [To topix poster:] Be realistic.

• goddidit
    goddidit

AnnOMaly,

I don't know anything about the subject so I'm not making any claims. I'm just asking what the significance is, because the article seemed to suggest some. Of course any organisation would paint themselves in the best light, but if they are using deception to do so then it seems to be worth asking why?

What do believers in some kind of cover-up believe is being covered up?

• glenster
  • blond-moment
    blond-moment

Well for instance, he was the originator of "millions now living will never die", where are they now? Dead. Huge false prophecy there. WT later changed the title to "Millions now living MAY never die" but that does erase all the news paper articles, etc, promoting WILL never die.

Mention Beth Sarim to the average JW and maybe 1 out of a 100 have even heard of it. It was a mansion Rutherford bought for the prophets of the bible, when they were resurrected in 1925. Again, they were no shows, false prophecy. Then it was sold as "serving it's purpose" really? The prophets were ressurected? Hmm.

It goes on and on.

There is so much documented about this man, it's unreal. Yet JW's really have no clue about him, other than he was once President. One of the core doctrines of the WT is that, Jesus chose this man. Jesus chose this man's organization. Jesus chose this organization to be His, and this man was running the show at the time. Good luck trying to find out anything about this man as an active JW. So much about this man has been stripped from the WT history, even tho the basis of the WT being "god's organization" is based on this man.

It is just interesting.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower does not refer to Rutherford as "Judge Rutherford" in its current publications.

This is an acknowledgement that Rutherford was only appointed to fill in for a total of a few days when the real judge was unavailable.

However, when he was alived, the WT publications ALWAYS used "Judge Rutherford" when writing about the man.

The title "Judge" was used almost as if it was his part of his name.

• VM44
    VM44

Read this about Rutherford.

"Judge for 4 Days"

http://www.archive.org/details/JudgeFor4DaysRutherford

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I don't know anything about the subject so I'm not making any claims. I'm just asking what the significance is, because the article seemed to suggest some. Of course any organisation would paint themselves in the best light, but if they are using deception to do so then it seems to be worth asking why?

What do believers in some kind of cover-up believe is being covered up?

Please be assured that I know YOU aren't making any claims. You were asking about a topix poster's claims (I note it's TACAN DAN). I just don't get why he concludes that watchtower.org is covering up the truth about Rutherford just because they don't feature him anywhere or use the title he gave himself.

There are tons of WT stuff to go at where the WTS has candy-coated their past history or told blatant fibs (try starting with the Proclaimers book for the former) but I cannot connect the particular dots TACAN DAN does on the basis of what does or doesn't show up when using certain search criteria on the Watchtower website.

Maybe I'm having a 'dense' day. I dunno.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit