Regular pioneering ... not going to college or university is a wise decision that will make you happy. Watchtower June 15, 2012

by wannabefree 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Wow...are you sure this wasn't published back in the early 70's ?

It's like Deja Vu, it sure inspired me to Reg. Pioneer pre-Armageddon.

Oddly, out of all my JW relatives *I* am the only one who sees this hypocrisy.

Does it matter that it took 30 years...?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Proofreading didn't get properly done on that paragraph. Here, let me make some corrections...

If you are a young Christian JW who is close to finishing your schooling, you probably have good health, and few responsibilities, and are still pretty niave. Have you thought seriously about regular pioneeringbecoming a pawn for a multi-national printing corporation? Your teachers probably believe that going to college or university is the best way that you can plan your future, rather than planning for our future. Their trust is in human organizations and in moneycritical thinking skills and wanting you to become a productive, independent member of society. But we hope that these have no future, and that you have no future outside of Watchtower Corp. If you make Jehovah's service to the JW Governing Body your career, you will be usingwasting your time well and will be doing something that will give you us a lasting future. You will be imitating the perfectour fabricated example of Jesus. This is a wise decision that will make you us happy. It will protect you us. It will show that you will not let anything, like facts, information, or reality, stop you from keeping your promise to serve Jehovah the Governing Body of Watchtower Corporation.

There, I think that's more accurate.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I have to say I love you all. Hilarious! Bethlehem State! I am laughing out loud at work!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

LOL with Botz. I must say that the new Botzwana is a much more likable character than your first incarnation.

Cheers

Chris

• smiddy
    smiddy

I loved that billy

smiddy

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Oh to be still living in Cloud Cuckoo Land!

Bill.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Cults require their people to give over their lives, money, or time to the cult's goals. Religions give people hope and courage in which to fulfill (not thwart) their talents.

I remember hearing a preacher speak once. So different from the Watchtower. His gist was that God made each of us as INDIVIDUALS, having different talents and abilities. It is a slap in God's face to not use one's talents and abilities to glorify God. Some people are good at science or math. To serve God, going to college, becoming an engineer, doctor, scientist, professor, IS serving God. Even a plumber who goes to trade school is glorifying God. A mother who stays at home to raise her kids is glorifying God; as is the career woman who shows her kids that women are valued in the marketplace.

This is just like the bird that flies, glorifies God. The whale that migrates the oceans, glorifies God. And, the man who achieves his talents glorifies God. That man, is a happier person and produces a happy, loving world.

But, to the Watchtower Society, the only way to glorify God is to forego one's owns talents to sell magazines & books. Well, nowadays, it's to get a new convert who will buy up all those magazines and books. Oh wait, it's a publishing comany. Now, it makes sense! They need foot salesman, not scientists or engineers!

Skeeter

• JRK
    JRK

Yeah, Bethlehem State really wanted Jesus. He was perfect at shooting 3 pointers.

JK

• cantleave
    cantleave

Their trust is in human organizations and in money.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Don't you see there's no need to plan ahead.

If you imitate Jesus you'll die by age 35.

Problem solved!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit