Regular pioneering ... not going to college or university is a wise decision that will make you happy. Watchtower June 15, 2012

by wannabefree 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you choose to regular pious-sneer, I can guarantee you a future with destitution and stagnation. It has all the drawbacks, including the debt because you will be wasting funds on field circus, that college has with none of the advantages.

College has the drawback of getting you into debt. There is no guarantee of getting a job, though your odds are improved. It takes time out from starting your own business, so that opportunity cost needs be counted. It expands your mind, as you are forced to do in-depth research on subjects you otherwise would not have. Using multiple sources to back up your work is required, and these days with the Internet, it is much easier than it was back in the 1980s. You don't have to just use Establishment sources (in medical areas, though, they strongly discourage viewing non-Establishment sources since the medical system is itself a cult).

Not going to college has its own problems. You skip the debt, and you may be able to start or continue a business. Your mind is likely to be somewhat stagnant, since you are not forced to do research on your own. Going to the University of Google might help, but without structure, you are not going to learn any one thing as well as with a structured course. Not going to college lowers your job prospects. And there is a chance that, since college is sometimes used as a cue to move out from your parents, that people not going will choose to stay with their parents or their parents will not see them as full-blown adults.

Pious-sneering has all the disadvantages from each list. You get into debt (usually from paying for gas, cars, supplies, and Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund donations--and that is getting worse with debit and credit cards now accepted at a$$emblies). Your job prospects are at the no-college level, or even worse. You cannot research anything--not only you are not forced to, but you are often not even allowed to. You cannot start your own business without Brother Hounder lecturing you about pious-sneering. And, more often than not, you are stuck with your parents for a good time into your 30s and beyond and seen as a child well into your 30s or beyond.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Lets just perpetuate poverty. So is the next instruction from those from the ivory towers is to eat cake?

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I love how this article is published in June, right when the high school kids are graduating..

No one said these folks are dumb..

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"No future in money....." Yeah until in the future you need to get married $$$$ Buy a car $$$$$ Have kids $$$$$ Health problems $$$$$ look after older parents $$$$

JEHOVER will provide........

• Alfred
    Alfred

With contributions drying up rather quickly, the Watchtower desparately needs NEW ignorant followers so they can embark on their next phase of real estate flipping (with hard-working free labor)...

The last thing they need right now are college educated thinkers who can detect their scams a mile away...

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I know of many who have gone to college and then after graduation decided to to pioneer. Those often got higher paying jobs with benefits so they could remain pioneering if they wanted to. That scenario will never be mentioned in the Watchtower.

• minimus
    minimus

Great comments. I think the Watchtower should follow Jesus' example and encourage young people to work, hone their skills and for 12 years, work secularly, and then---preach for 3 and a half years and that's that!

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

In this week's book study, when talking about the Stoics, the brother said "The stoics believed in logic and reason. As Jehovah's Witnesses, we do not want to use logic" I think that was the most idiotic sentence said on the platform.

• moshe
    moshe
    As Jehovah's Witnesses, we do not want to use logic" I think that was the most idiotic sentence said on the platform.

I agree with you, but in the KH , silence is tacit approval of whatever the brother says on the platform.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Hey wannabefree, this one has a briefcase! Future elders!!

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit