Jesus Vs Horus

by Christ Alone 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

Most people simply are not aware of the debt that Judaism owes to the Egyptian religion.

So many terms and texts are direct copies of much older stories from Egypt. Egypt was a world leader in many things including theology. Given the Bible itself starts with the real history of the Jews in Egypt it becomes more obvious that they must have copied and learnt a lot when there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymn_to_Aten

In his book Reflections on the Psalms, C.S. Lewis compared the Hymn to the Psalms of the Judaeo-Christian canon.

[edit] See also

Citation for comparison to Psalm 104, see Pritchard, James B. "The Ancient Near East, An anthology of Texts and Pictures", Princeton University Press, 1958, page 227.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01407b.htm

Finally, we may note that the word Amen occurs not infrequently in early Christian inscriptions , and that it was often introduced into anathemas and gnostic spells. Moreover, as the Greek letters which form Amen according to their numerical values total 99 ( alpha =1, mu =40, epsilon =8, nu =50), this number often appears in inscriptions , especially of Egyptian origin, and a sort of magical efficacy seems to have been attributed to its symbol . It should also be mentioned that the word Amen is still employed in the ritual both of Jews and Mohammedans .

Strange how Xians chant the name of the Egyptian Sun god after a prayer. Could it be they are copying an Egyptian custom, and their word amen came from Egypt?

http://edward.de.leau.net/the-10-commandments-are-a-copy-from-chapter-125-in-the-egyptian-book-of-the-dead-20070513.html

It has been discovered that the 10 commandments are based on chapter 125 in the Egyptian book of the dead (Although Exodus 34 contains ten imperative statements, the passages in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5 contain more than ten, totaling fourteen or fifteen in all.)......

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread344155/pg1

Archaeology experts have found absolutely no evidence what so ever that Hebrew Jews lived as slaves in Egypt or of their exodus from Egypt...... The plain truth is that Moses didn’t lead Hebrew slaves out of Egypt anymore then Chilton Heston did..... There is not one shred of archeological evidence for the existence of Moses or of any of the bible’s main cast of Hebrew characters – from Abraham to Jacob to King David to King Solomon...... There is however plenty of evidence for the existence of Egyptian pharaohs who these biblical characters are based on.....

Evidence shows that the ancestral patriarch of the Hebrew Jews is Amenemhet the first and that his biblical name is Abraham. Since pharaoh Amenemhet worshipped the god Amen, are Amen and the biblical god the same god?

Since Yakubher is the Aramean name for Jacob, Egyptology experts interpret this as factual evidence that the biblical Jacob and the hyksos king Yakubher were one of the same,

Moses closely matches Thutmosis the third, even the names Moses and Thutmosis are almost identical.

King David reigned for 50 years, Egyptian history reveals that pharaoh Psusennes also ruled Canaan for 50 years at the same time as the biblical king David – both battled the same enemy called the sea people or philistines.

Pharaoh Siamun and King Solomon reigned at exactly the same time and fought the same enemies in Canaan called the Matani, the Hittites and the Philistines.

MP

Im not saying to believe, but the more research you do, you will find more and more direct copies of Egypt in the Bible. Nagturally the Jews changed the names but the stories are the same.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

@poosiecakes

Numerology is present everywhere in the Bible.

Just look how often the numbers 7,12 and 40 appear. The Bible is obsessed with numbers. How many major items in christian religion involve a number.

All importanting group counts or representations are always 12.

Look at the contrived nonsense that the Bible presents to keep the tribes of Israel at 12. There are countless scriptures that give different names for the tribes but they always agree on 12.

Careful there, you'll get Sab all hot n bothered.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Personally, I find all of this stuff extremely fascinating. I haven't had a chance to read the links or watch the video yet but I will.

• mP
    mP

@lars

Take a look at the sky chart and please tell me that the Genesis

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/ge/chapter_003.htm

15 And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”

Doesnt match the sky charts ? The Bible is astrotheology...

The womand the snake and the bite him in the heal is pure astrotheology.

EVE=Virgo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpens_Caput

Serpens ("the Serpent", Greek ?φις ) is a constellation of the northern hemisphere. It was one of the 48 constellations listed by the 2nd century astronomer Ptolemy and it remains one of the 88 modern constellations defined by the International Astronomical Union.

It is unique among the modern constellations in being split into two non-contiguous parts, Serpens Caput (Serpent's Head) to the west and Serpens Cauda (Serpent's Tail) to the east. Between these two halves lies the constellation of Ophiuchus, the "Serpent-Bearer". In figurative representations, the body of the serpent is represented as passing behind Ophiuchus between μ Ser in Serpens Caput and ν Ser in Serpens Cauda. The brighest star in Serpens is Unukalhai or Cor Serpentis"Serpent's Heart", with an apparent magnitude of 2.63.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bootes

Boötes ( play/ b o? ' o? t i? z / ) is a constellation in the northern sky, located between 0° and +60° declination , and 13 and 16 hours of right ascension on the celestial sphere . The name comes from the Greek Βο?της, Bootes , meaning herdsman or plowman (literally, ox-driver; from boos , related to the Latin bovis , “cow”). The "ö" in the name is a diaeresis , not an umlaut , meaning that each 'o' is to be pronounced separately.

BOOTES = ADAM

LIBRA = EVE

SERPENS CAPUT = THe serpent at the heal of Eve

• cofty
    cofty

Take a look at the sky chart and please tell me that the Genesis.... Doesnt match the sky charts ? - mP

OK - Genesis doesn't match the sky charts. You're welcome.

Stuff like the "Bible Code" and Numerology and Astrotheology are all very contrived. You could get the same results from Lord of the Rings or Moby Dick.

I do believe however that the gospel writers borrowed some stuff from pagan myths.

Christ Alone and/or Tammy, what are your thoughts on the stuff I posted about Dionysus and the wine miracle?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cofty have you read Leolaia's old threads on this subject? They are worth looking out. Although many of the posts may be hard to find because they are in other people's threads. Maybe she has an index of them she could share.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Cofty, the links for Jesus vs Dionysus are very weak. Here are some major claims of those trying to make the link, and what I have found in comparisson to the article that you sent:

Myth 1: Dionysus was born on December 25 and was a Holy Child placed in a manger

Answer 1: Dionysus birthday was celebrated on January 6th. He was not born of a virgin. His mother Semele was sexually impregnated by Zeus. Also in the stories that I've found, many of which are in the book "The Jesus Mysteries" by Freke and Gandy, he was never laid in a manger or called a Holy Child.

Myth 2: Dionysus turned water into wine

Answer: Even in the source that you gave, there is nowhere that says that the water was turned into wine. Dionysus was the "god of the vine" but Jesus wasn't. I did find a certain claim that seems to show water being involved, but if you read it carefully, that is not the case. The referrence is "The Adventures of Leucippe and Clitophon" by Achilles Tatius in the 2nd century A.D. It talks about Dionysus introducing wine into the world of men. Dionysus calls it "the water of summer" and further states "This is the water, this is the spring." Dionysus never "TURNED" the water into wine, rather he called wine a type of water.

Myth 3: Dionysus is called "King of Kings" and "God of Gods"

Answer: Nowhere is he called this (at least as far as I could find). This also wouldn't fit him since he was a child of Zeus. The title might have fit Zeus, but even he was never called these titles.

Myth 4: He offeres his followers a chance to be born again through baptism.

Answer: This too is untrue. Dionysus followers never claimed to be born again, and the "baptism" wasn't anything that we would recognize today. It involved waving a fan over their heads and not submersing them in water.

To try and tie Dionysus to Jesus is more than a stretch. It's a link that just does not exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zx1crJ-TUs

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

BroDan/ChristAlone, you have a reply to the PM you sent me.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Slimboyfat I will have a search.

Christ - you are prevaricating. I only made one claim about Dionysus. He miraculously produced 3 urns of wine - so did Jesus.

I provided you with an ancient source. Stop muddying the waters.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Cofty: Christ - you are prevaricating.

Damn, that's a great word that I'll never remember. Thanks, Cofty - two in one week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit