WT June 15 on jw.org

by Gayle 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Gayle
    Gayle

just scanned thru quickly,,same stuff I think mostly,,Dan. chapter 2,, world powers illustrations,,re-statements of 1914 & 607,,

By the time the Lord’s day began

in 1914,pg 15

Babylonians conquered

Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E. pg 22

picture of maybe 12 yr old girl getting baptized

more don't go to college, pioneer instead and don't work too much on your job, etc..

illustration on page 6 on how the GB, circuit and district overseers truly help people,,hee-hee, just kidding :)

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Two of the articles are based on last year's Convention Public Talk - the 'toes' one. Para. 11, p. 16:

Does the number of toes of the image have special meaning? Consider: In other visions, Daniel mentions specific numbers-for example, the number of horns on the heads of various beasts. Those numbers are significant. However, when describing the image, Daniel does not mention the number of toes. Therefore, the number seems no more significant than the fact that the image had multiple arms, hands, fingers, legs, and feet. Daniel does specifically mention that the toes would be made of iron and clay. From his description, we can conclude that the Anglo-American World Power is the one that will be dominating when the "stone" representing God's Kingdom hits the feet of the image.-Dan. 2:45.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Para. 19, p. 18 - Prophecy alert for any young'uns to keep an eye on. (The older'uns already remember the predictions relating to the role of Soviet-led communism in kick-starting the End, and the one about the preaching work bieng completed in the 20th century.)

We are living in the days of the seventh head. No more heads will appear on this beast before it is annihilated. The Anglo-American World Power will be the dominant world power when false religion is eradicated. The prophecies of Daniel and John have been fulfilled to the smallest detail. We can be confident that the destruction of false religion and the battle of Armageddon will soon come. God has revealed these details in advance. Will we pay attention to the prophetic warnings? (2 Pet. 1:19) Now is the time to take sides with Jehovah and to support his Kingdom.-Rev.14:6, 7.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Same old same old.

• designs
    designs

Join God's Army

• JeffT
    JeffT

Ann has a a good point. China and India are growing by leaps and bounds. If trends continue, they're going to need to change the light bulb on this one.

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

While they are at it, it would be good to revise "The King of the North and The King of the South" stuff. That should be good for a few study articles. It is clear that The King of the North cannot be the Communist block (considering any of that was ever correct). Terrorism maybe? Terrorism is nebulous and a moving target. That could be good revision for a decade or two.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Since China and India are growing by leaps and bounds, this just emphasizes how close we absolutely must be to the end since it has to come before any other nation takes world power status! That's it ... why have I let you doubters infect my mind? I must get back to examplary status at the Kingdom Hall ... afterall, the Watchtower must be right, God wouldn't mess with us like that. See ya.

• moshe
    moshe
    more don't go to college, pioneer instead and don't work too much on your job, etc.

Why work hard, who needs college anyway? Just start your own service business and be a fulltime pioneer and never worry about retirement, because you will never be able to quit working.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow, this one is chock full of crap. Amazing.

This reads like one of the watchtowers in the mid 80's when I was in HS deciding what to do with my life. Masters of guilt and deception.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit