Millions Now Living Will Never Die

by Bangalore 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• poppers
    poppers

Oh boy, no more bald heads - sign me up!

• Matsimus
    Matsimus

Not long ago I fount a picture taken by my great grandfather at a convention in New York around 56 i think (feel free to correct me if I am wrong about the year). The theme was of course how close the end of this system of things is. Makes me a bit sad thinking about that he devoted his entire life to the WTS, and believed he would never die, yet he did many years later. Still people think the end is any minute now, and have been for over a century.

• Alfred
    Alfred

That's a forged copy... the real one says "Millions now living MAY never die" ... the Faithful and Discreet Slave says so...

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

millions now living will never die

is this the truth or is it a lie

are the years reducing

or are they overlapping

many jw's just sit and cry

• Twitch
    Twitch

Where's the poster MillionsNowLivingAreDead?

This thread is incomplete....

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

"That's a forged copy... the real one says "Millions now living MAY never die" ."

@Alfred: If you look up those phrases you'll see that even the WT Library gives BOTH as the title at some point in different references, either "Will" or "May." I think it was a talk given over several years and the title changed at some point - but it started as "Will Never Die."

• Alfred
    Alfred

I want to Believe... I'm familiar with the "MAY" talk and the history of this book, etc.. was just being sarcastic and bumping the thread at the same time... but glad you brought it up...

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

When That Time Comes - LOL love that paragraph - "will come speedily on those who live through the next five or six years of trouble"

Glad that the restitution began in 1926, a year after the faithful ancients failed to appear

• moshe
    moshe

I think the original talk did say, "may", but Rutherford found out he had hit such a strong ball- hell, make it a home run and change it to will never die and watch the sales of the books skyrocket!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit