Moroccan girl commits suicide after being forced to marry her rapist

by Diest 28 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

She could have put her abusive husband out of his misery first- arsenic would have been appropriate.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Just a cautionary point here - before we blame conservative American politicians for this same kind of crime, let's remember that this (marriage by rape) is NOT condoned by any Republican I know of.

It is a side issue, but no sane Republican candidate is in favor of eliminating abortion in cases of rape or incest either.

Let us also remember that some on the left have advocated Sharia Law to be applied here in the U.S. I doubt that any sane person on the left would advocate this, however.

This horrible situation is just what it is - a thousands of years old ancient horror. Not U.S. politics.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

We must not forget that, according to the contemporary Bible and Koran, us females have no useful opinions or practical feelings.

Unfortunately, until religion recognizes women as viable emotional beings, horrors like this will still be the norm.

• Diest
    Diest

Which person on the left said we should follow sharia law? Most likely it was some odd one off case. That sharia law bull shit repubs yell is crazy.

What Santorum did advocate was making women keep their rape babies. That is barely a step off of sharia law. People wonder why I am an anti-thiest. It is things like no abortions, even in cases of rape. It is also the nut jobs who force a woman to marry her attacker. They are all thiests, who have moderates going...'Oo Mohamed or Jesus didnt preach that.' Moderates give cover for nut jobs.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Which person on the left said we should follow sharia law?

I was speaking of a poster here.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

I think I know who James is talking about. She is a big defender of Islam on this board.

Bangalore

• mP
    mP

@caedes

jesus didnt say that mosaic laws were cruel or utter bullshit, he actually supported and respected them. my original post was sarcastic. if anything this shows that jesus was not a forward thinking moralist, but rather an invention.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

James Woods said: Let us also remember that some on the left have advocated Sharia Law to be applied here in the U.S. I doubt that any sane person on the left would advocate this, however.

Bangalore said: I think I know who James is talking about. She is a big defender of Islam on this board.

Good morning gentlemen! It's lovely to know I am in your thoughts! Mmmuuahhhaaahhhhaaahhhaaa...

• Diest
    Diest

So Justitia are you going to defend Sharia in this case?

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

As for the Sharia in "this case," no, I do not defend that. Neither would any of my Muslim friends.

Yet, there are many Sharias. Asking whether a person supports Sharia makes no sense because it is analogous to asking whether a person will defend Bible law? Which Bible law? The interpretation of the Universalist Unitarians or Jehovah's Witnesses?

One can be referring to the Sharia of the Sufi Fethullah Gulen's. http://en.fgulen.com/ Or the Sharia of the Arabian Sunni Wahhabi's (bin Laden).

You will find that Mr. Wood's/Bangalore and I approach post-JW life from dichotomously different perspectives. I was "born-in" and never believed that JWs were the only group that would survive Armageddon. JW exceptionalism deeply bothered me, and I retain that pluralism. IF there is a God, I think s/he is quite capable of examining this world and identifying individuals who display the qualities s/he desires. There are a couple of billion Muslims in the world, and not all of them are evil, though some of them are. There are a few billion Christians in the world, and not all of them are evil, though some of them are. There are probably a few billion athiests, and not all of them are evil, though some of them are. As you can see, I totally reject labeling billions of people as either good or bad...pretty radical. ; )

Mr. Woods has expanded his JW-only pen, but he is still trapped inside a pen and clings to labels. As a JW, he believed that only JWs were good, and the rest of the world was bad. Now he believes that other Christians can be good, but that all of Islam is bad.

I give him credit for making progress, but he is still 'captive to the concept' of Christian exceptionalism.

You are new to the board Diest; if you desire more information concerning my opinions, feel free to perform a search of my posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit