Is the May 2012 KM pumping up some hysteria?

by discreetslave 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

A few months ago, I overheard that the WTS wanted JWs to work the same neighborhood, over & over & over. The goal was to build a personal relationship instead of cold calling. In it, it suggested to work it independently (or alone) if needed. I started the thread, and others confirmed that this was talked about in a zone meeting. I had not heard of JWs going out in service alone!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/218590/1/New-Field-Service-Policy-jws-assigned-to-neighborhoods

The current thread is suggesting to go out in pairs, if the neighborhood is unsafe. The hidden message is, "If the neighborhood is safe, go alone."

Why encourage people to go out in service alone? Numbers. Numbers of publishers and pioneers are falling. How do you work the same area with fewer people? Split up. Go it alone. . . . where it is safe. But, who wants to go out in service alone? It's bad enough going with a buddy!

Skeeter

• moshe
    moshe
    ---or crowds forming in the street. Sometimes a kind householder will provide a warning. Rather than lingering out of curiosity, it is shrewd to leave promptly and continue elsewhere.

silly JWs, it's just everyone in line trying to get a new -hard to find- Ipad3 for sale!!

• moshe
    moshe

Or maybe, the crowd is watching 100 people lined up at a store in San Francisco getting free clothes! Who wouldn't find that interesting? The first 100 people in line wearing only their underwear can pick out a free designer outfit when the store opens up.

they sure look happy- ain't charity great?- is was 50 degress that morning, brr.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok that KM screams of inciting hysteria. There is no basis for a warning like that in like 99% of the territory in the US. I've preached in real ghettos when I worked with my friend from the spanish hall, and they didn't cover 10% of what that KM did in advising the publishers. It wasn't necessary. Is is getting so slow on news that they have to fabricate it?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

but u know what, the WT loves to do one size fits all articles. I remember a WT study on female circumcision. Not much of a problem here in the states, but it was a study article

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I couldn't get past the "crooked and twisted generation" reference. Which generation are they referring to?

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

The article can apply to any country in the world, kidnappings are suppose to be taking place in Texas, Arizona. Their policy should be to change "one person" to a forced "absolute" two persons at the door. The Kingdom Ministry should tell the publishers how field servive is done in the Bronx. How many Bethelites would work the ruin down parts of New York, or government apartments alone? Allowing young ones, elderly and women to go "door to door" alone, is wrong!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I sort of remember something along the same line from about 1975.

I think the twisted and wicked generation is a group of overlapping generations of street thugs that started out as Bonnie and Clyde, Dilinger, the Gambino family etc and now includes the Bloods and Crips. Or maybe it's the Sharks and Jets. Whatever.

• Room 215
    Room 215

...Urging the friends to work in pairs -- as a general practice -- seems to me a significant departure from the WT push for productivity. There are hard-line JWs I know, usually old timers, who regard pairing up as a cowardly cop-out from facing up to the worldies one-to-on-one.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

An imperfect but responsible employer will do his best to look after his employees and is held accountable for his workers safety.

Shame Jehovah can't offer his "chosen ones" the same protection whilst on His work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit