People coming in VS. People running out...

by Blind_Of_Lies 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

A recent thread regarding 2 day assembly’s included some numbers of people being baptized at them. In the examples provided the numbers were very… VERY low. Granted these were numbers based out of the US but even at that I can remember years where our small circuit was producing 10-20 bodies every year to be baptized. The last time I went to an assembly, and that was YEARS ago… I think there were 2. At the district convention a couple years ago there were 3, when in years past there would easily be 20+.

I sat here wondering how this effects growth overall in the USA and I realized… I can name off hand 19 people in my immediate “friend pool” that have willingly (not disfellowshipped) walked away from the JW’s in the past 12 months. 10 of those were split between two families who decided they were done and as one cohesive unit they simply quit going and they couldn’t be happier I should add. The rest were couples or single people who for whatever reason and not due to any judicial action simply walked away. Now, my “friend pool” is made up of people from 3 different congregations spread across 3 states. I could probably add another 5 people who went to those congregations who were DF’d and another 5-10 who also went to those halls and who died. However, I can only name 2 people who got baptized. One of those was a crazy and the other was a kid…

So… here’s a question… How many people do YOU know of that have walked away in the past year and how many have joined?

• sabastious
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Most who get baptized are "born in".. 2 out of 3 "born ins" leave the WBT$..

I`d say..

There are probably more leaving than joining,in the western world..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh the English in this country are bleeding members. All I hear about is congs merging

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A friend from a neighboring KHall where multiple congs share the hall and are in two different circuits, was telling me that in the two circuits, FIVE congs have been dissolved this past year or so. Small congs that did not have enough elders to continue to function. When the old guys die off, none of the young guys are stepping up to the batters box.

Doc

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

My old hall had about 150 publishers in it when I left. Average meeting attendance was anywhere between 80-120 depending on the meeting. I heard that recently there have been so few people attending that they stopped having two different "schools" on Tuesday night and instead only had one in the main area, rumor has it they often have a hard time filling all of the slots with speakers. In that particular hall only 3 out of about 30 kids born between 1980 and 1995 actually still attend or even pretend to care. Most of them have either been DF'd or just walked away...

• LV101
    LV101

Sounds like people are waking up after all. Sad they're still wasting water on any baptisms.

I really like this thread --- thanks, Blind_Of_Lies.

LV101

• Zordino
    Zordino

BoL, the only people in my area who getting suckered in (besides the kids of JW's) are some immigrants... usually the ones from poor ass countries. The general public is too aware of things these days and can smell a Rat from a mile away. I've seen some weirdo's and single mom's and stuff falling for it.. but thats it. I would say the rate is 2 to 1 in favour of more people leaving.

• finally awake
    finally awake

The hall I attended was really small. It was formed in the 1980s I think, and never had more than 40 publishers. We attended there from 1999 through 2011, so roughly 13 years. I can list by name every single person who ever attended regularly during those years, and by my count, at the present time less than half the people on that list are still attending at that hall. There have been some who moved away and may be attending elsewhere. There were only 2 baptisms in all those years that were not born ins - me and Just Ron. All of the "growth" except for us was due to already baptized people moving here, or already baptized people having children.

• TOTH
    TOTH

The assheaded gb will use ANY sign of decrease as The Love of the greater number cooling off. The BIG A is jsut around the next corner!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit