They don't think you can truly be happy "outside"

by lilbluekitty 28 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

lilbluekitty: "she thinks it's all his fault we're poor ..."

Typical JW bs. If he was rich she'd complain about him being materialistic.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

A couple of weeks ago I heard someone say the best cure for depression was going out on the ministry, because "it's so good for you".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LBKitty, I tend to turn the tables on them by asking about some of the crazies in the congregation. I visited with some long-time friends from the cong that were happy to tell me that their daughter had started pioneering. I asked about who she would be working with the most... and before you know it, they were telling me about the latest techniques the pioneers were using to fake their time and who wasn't getting along with whom.

Another thing I tend to do is only talk to them when I'm in the mood to deal with it. I'm starting to get better about calling mom when I feel like it and having more clearly in mind what I want to discuss. When she turns the conversation to "spiritual stuff", I usually have some things in mind to ask about in the congregation. It helps that I have a sister "in" that wants "out". We keep each other posted on "topics for conversation" and "overcoming conversation stoppers."

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

But didn't you know witlesses are the happiest people on earth.

How? The borganization continually tells them.

Such a lubbing provision.

It’s just so sad to think about how miserable the rest of the world is without anyone to tell them they are happy/unhappy.

(Thick sarcasm intended.)

• d
    d

This s true they do not want people to be happy they want everybody to be sad.They enjoy other misery.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking for a read - soon!!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

misery helps them keep the sheeple "wanting" a fix.

the "fix" is their vision of new earth!

"new earth" is a made up dram to keep the sheeple in line.

see the circle?

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

If you are happy, it's only because Satan has fooled you into thinking you're happy. As soon as he is done with you, he'll drop you like a hot potato and you will soon be battling a drug addiction, depression and a weight problem. Well, that's what I've been told.

So, I guess he's not done with you yet.

• flipper
    flipper

LILBLUKITTY- You handled that well with your mom. However it shows how INSANE this JW cult is when they judge as to whether you are HAPPY or not based on outward functions of whether you are doing meeting attendance, field service, etc. . They have become SO perfunctory and robotic they know nothing about authentic human emotions. That knowledge has been stolen, or taken away from them. So realize this about your mom, shes totally deluded when it comes to real emotions. It's how mind control affects, or rather INFECTS an individual. Just be glad you aren't her ! Hang in there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit