The gal I'm dating frequents match.com - advice?

by UnConfused 40 Replies latest social relationships

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    Could I consider Nickleback rather than misogynist rap? I don't think I know where to find misogynist rap anyway.
    Miz - Who would you recommend for the misogynist rap genre?

I post this jokingly, as I don't know this lady, and it would be unfair to catagorize her with the terms that rappers use to refer to unscrupulous women. These were the joints back in the day.............. The last track to me is the perfect track for when it comes to being head over heels over a woman that isn't exactly reciprocating the same adoration. It puts things into perspective. I know plenty of others, but the language and content offends my conscience to some degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yvM0nw9aYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWpQDBvBbM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QIMKsxfOJE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxKIupF95oo

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

How about this one. This has to be the worst mysogynist rap song.

http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LOL Nomad!!! That's self-misogynist!!!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You got that right! Lol

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Could I consider Nickleback rather than misogynist rap?

oh hell no.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

There are a number of reasons why she could be going on match.com

First of all, you are going on it too. You stated you have a profile, she may be checking to see if you're going on it in the same way as you're checking to see if she goes on it.

Why have you not deleted your profile?

I think the important issue is whether she's subscribed to it. If she still has a profile and not subscribed then maybe she goes on it when she gets a notification via email, this then registers her checking into the site and you're busy nosying around to notice how often she's clicking on it.

I had a similar experience in that I met my last girlfriend through internet dating, but still had some old profiles from a couple of years beforehand on other sites. I should have removed them, but didn't as some of these sites were difficult to remove yourself from, I also had others that took my profile and transfered it to another site without my initial knowledge. Really i should have spent an evening going through them and removing them, but as i had no interest in meeting anyone else I just left them.

Occasionally however I'd get a junk email notification, i'd click on it which would then register my clicking on the site with the date, etc. Sometimes i'd try to navigate to delete myself. Unknown to me my girlfriend through her own insecurities spent an evening searching for me on different sites adn you guessed it, she came across these old profiles, saw that i'd clicked on them after we'd met put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5. She never told me about what she'd found, but allowed it to build up over a few weeks, began not to trust me and started checking things. She'd found an empty box of condoms, that we'd used a couple of months previous, accused me of cheating and finished with me.

I can honestly say that I never so much as looked at another woman whilst with her, but she let her imagination get carried away without talking to me. Things have come to light since that she had in fact herself cheated on me, but that's another story. The instigator and start of all this was her looking for me on internet dating sites.

You really need to talk to her, not us on a forum platform...but HER. She maybe cheating, who knows? But right now all you've got is titbits of info and your imagination. If you want to make a go of things with her, you both need to come off match.com

• moshe
    moshe

The less attention a woman gets they better she likes it- once she finds out you have "other" options, she will get more into you. With internet dating, women think they can get 100% of their shopping list, if they just wait a little bit longer.

• finally awake
    finally awake

As a female in a long term relationship, any time that I have looked at any sort of dating site or craigslist or facebook, it's been strictly due to nosiness. I have no interest in chatting with other men, much less actually meeting or sexing it up. But the personal ads on craigslist can be really funny, and I'm always curious as to who I know that might be looking for love in all the wrong places. Perhaps your lady friend has no bad motives for occasionally logging in, but it's merely deleting unwanted messages or checking up on the crazy coworker or high school rival. Please don't shoot yourself in the foot over this issue - if that's the only indication you have that she's not 100% committed to you.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

My view may be a little cynical - I am currently going through a divorce from my 'Filipina Princess'.

In my experience, some ladies (and again, only my experience, but especially those from SEA) like to keep all options open and to choose the best option from all available options - whether that relates to finance, child-production, immigration issues, whatever.

Seems to be different from my (probably old-fashioned) romantic ideas where one falls in love and everything else is subservient to that love.

My own dear estranged wife managed to mend her broken heart within a couple of weeks and found a richer, older, and more naieve live-in boyfriend (i.e. she 'lives-in' with him).

There is a saying about certain ladies 'You don't lose them: you only lose your turn'.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Turns out she didn't know you could hide your profile, just delete your account - apparently that is how eHarmony works and she had tried that a couple of years ago. So she's just gone on to delete emails she's recently received etc. It was all very innocent, she was horrified for the angst it has caused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit