does the gb really believe or is this a game ?

by mP 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

im assuming we all realise the gb may be many things but the individuals are not fools. given the changes in ideas, formulation of new light and so on, do they buy the fascade they are presenting ? if theres anyone in there, surely they as men, know how very man made it has always been. im guessing that they must be fully aware of all the holy mistakes in all their glory. are they just going along and pretending, just for the rush that power gives ?

• designs
    designs

Hard to jump off a train going 60mph.

• glenster
    glenster

A game expoiting people of faith to sell literature. See:

http://gtw6437.tripod.com/index.html

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

IMHO, they truly believe it. Why else would they endure the terrible Bethel food?

I accept Ray's opinon: Victims of victims, captive to the concept that WT is God's Organization. Where else would they go? Why not be a leader, if asked?

• designs
    designs

Who would hire them, where else could they have such power.

• Glander
    Glander

I asked Ray Franz essentially the same question in the early '80s. He said some believed in what they were doing but the ones leading the group were guided by pragmatism rather than spiritual conviction.

• Me Myself and I
    Me Myself and I

There are brothers and sisters that have left the organisation and subsequently gone through the hardship of being shunned and too many other hardships to mention. These are the good people who dared to question what they were learning, the rank and file, the salt of the earth.

Ray Franz made the decision to withdraw from the organisation, as hard as it was after commiting to most of his life to the cause.

There are probably men and women in bethel that know its not right, but are not able to take the plunge and leave. Then you have the other kind of person who loves the power and significance of being looked at all high and mighty due to their position etc.....these are the rotten fruit, similar to the rotten elders in congregations that wield the stick over the flock rather than cradle the weak.

Men are just that.....men....imperfect, and as such, open to corruption that the power and position gives.

Thing is though, god is not a fool, he can see their heart condition and that gives me satisfaction knowing that the wrongs that are committed on a daily basis, the abuse that goes on in the congregations in the various guises will be uncovered......one day......

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i used to believe what leavingwt stated, however as i look at the propaganda coming out of the watchtower, especially the last 2 convention drama's, i've come to the conclusion that the people writing these things are highly skilled masters of propaganda. the victims of victims crew are all dead, those old GB members i believe, believed it. but these new guys i feel, know exactly what they are doing.

• cedars
    cedars

I personally think the Governing Body is a blend of those who are devious and know full well what they are doing, and those who are well-meaning and genuinely think they are "serving Jehovah" in their position. Having said that, I can't fathom how they can know what they know about the organization's past, and yet be unmoved by the duplicity and deception. Only they can answer that question.

I think the real "pitbulls" in the organization are the lawyers, and those who handle the inbound correspondence. Being faced with all the evidence that the organization is NOT divinely backed on a daily basis (as well as being made aware of the harm it is doing), and yet still remaining zealous to the Society must take some doing.

Cedars

• N.drew
    N.drew

It seems as though they do not believe what they have taught which is if a person will not discipline himself or herself he or she should expect that in time Jehovah will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit