Disfellowshipping in New Zealand?

by Garrett 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Garrett
    Garrett

Good morning everyone,

I have a friend who lives in New Zealand, and because of not wanting to be identified she has asked me to post this on her behalf. She is just wanting clarification from people who live in the local area of something she heard. In the Thames congregation which is located in the Coromandel of New Zealand (those who live there will know where it is), there were 7-8 who in the last couple of weeks were DF for apostasy. Apparently one of the casualties was a person who has the initials A.M. Can anyone confirm or deny this or perhaps knows any more details. She has only heard it as a rumour.

thanks,

Garrett

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hmmm...interesting!

Looking forward to the update!

• KateWild
    KateWild

That would be nice 8 friends all leaving together....it will also raise questions to the JWs left behind.

I hope this rumour is true.

Kate xx

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Beautiful place the Coromandel, fantastic natural bush and beaches. Lots of interesting people living there.
  • InquiryMan
    InquiryMan
    The same happened in Denmark quite a few years ago. I remember because it was reported on in a major newspaper in Norway. The newspaper stated that they had read Crisis of Conscience.
  • steve2
    steve2

Couldn't your female friend who lives in New Zealand post this question herself? How would you doing it on her behalf identify her any less than her own posting? I've been on this forum for 10 years, live in New Zealand, have family still in and in all that time of being here, no one's ever identified me. The poster always has the choice of remaining completely anonymous and not even divulging thr country they are posting from. Your opening lines sure don't makessense to me.

Anyway back to your question: I live in the lower half of the North Island and my JW sister who spoon feeds me tidbits every now and then has said nothing about a group of Witnesses from the same congregation all being disfellowshipped for apostasy in the last few days. If correct, it may take a while to filter doen to this end of the island - although the JW grapevine is usually rapid fire.

If I hear anything, I'll post in on this forum, unless someone else gets here first.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "my JW sister who spoon feeds me tidbits every now and then has said nothing about a group of Witnesses from the same congregation all being disfellowshipped for apostasy in the last few days."

Well, if she's a dutiful loyalist JW, that doesn't surprise me at all.

I wouldn't either if I was her.

• karter
    karter
    I live in NZ and heard that Rumour but as we all know there are a lot of rumours among the jw's.
  • prewia
    prewia

steve 2

Intresting to read you are living in NZ, i am former elder fore 20 yer who live in Sweden, leave silent 15 years ago, after all the mess about sex offenders in JW,

I have a daughter who live in NZ in the area of Taupo, to fare away from here , she is not JW and married to an mauri man, is this near where you live ?

Rumors are wery comen among Jv, as we all know, here in sweden it seems that it is littel more high to the roof, then it was before,

greetings from sweden

• steve2
    steve2
    Hello from New Zealand, prewia. Thank you for your post. Taupo is a good 4 to 5 hours drive from the Wellington district where I live. Good to know that your daughter who lives in Taupo and is married to a Maori is not a JW and that you too have left as well. Sweden has much in common with New Zealand from what I've read and heard from others who have lived there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit