How did you visualize Jehovah when you were young?

by Matsimus 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• dog is god
    dog is god

I think there was some sort of picture in the Paradise book displaying god on a throne in heaven. Old white guy, long beard, crowned, long white robe and sandels. lines coming out of him made him emit light. I didn't really believe that. If you look at all the pictures of the Paradise book you will notice some very weird things you never saw before.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Looking back now, from my ivory tower, I now realize that I did not truly believe in the bastard in the sky. I sought to please my family; they sought to please their god and gain everlasting life.

Being a child I confused the two. Now I see clearly, unlike the dim sighted apostle (saint) Paul. Oh! The angust.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I could never really picture him. I just went along with whatever was in the Revelation Book - which at one time scared the hell out of me.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Interesting topic! When I was a child I always thought Jehovah as like his name in a fast motion blur, a very abstract thought. I did not see him as a person, just as a fast moving letters. Very strange! LOL

But when I started to surf on the web and met some apostates, one of them used a fake Jehovah profile with that picture. Now I see that man when I think about Jehovah.

[URL=http://www.iimmgg.com/image/29e4d2ebe2a1e08845296d439ae3c36a][IMG]http://i.iimmgg.com/images/is8th/03434e9330fa772983c58963f10fc32b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• life is to short
    life is to short

I never thought about it until you started this thread but I always thought of him as mean and scary, someone you would not want to get upset.
    I guess I was always afraid of him.

LITS

• dinah
    dinah

I pictured him as an angry, old, man.

• Zordino
    Zordino

As a Kid I went to Italy and saw images like this. Also my Non Jdub relatives had Goddy pictures (mostly Jesus images) and images like the one below everywhere in their homes. So I drew my concept of Jehovah looking something like this. And Yah, He scared the shit out of me! As a kid I used to think that Jayhoover was gonna kill me at armageddon (pictured a horrible excrusiating death) cause I thought a person had to be perfect in order to make it through the big A bomb. It didn't help that whenever I did something that would piss off my parents, they would say crap like " Your gonna Die in Armadegon" Just writing this is making me LMAO.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I pictured him either like the glowing dude in the Revelation Climax book or an old guy with a beard surrounded by blinding light, kind of like the above picture but also kind of like King Triton in The Little Mermaid, but like I said, glowing or something. LOL.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Being a child of the fifties, and having a harsh father, and being told that Jehovah is my heavenly father, I was terrified of making him angry. According to what I was told, pretty much everything enjoyable makes him angry. I spent my whole life trying to help him see something good in me.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

There was always an ovewhelming sense of capriciousness - he would destroy you on a whim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit