My thoughts on this years Special assembly day

by stillstuckcruz 17 Replies latest jw friends

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

I think of so many people who could have gone onto better things with higher education. A sister I know,her nephew was a very talented football player here in Texas and had many offers about 3 years ago. Texas,Houston,USC,Washington,etc.

He now carries a bookbag in the service. I truly felt bad for him. Things like that IMO will do nothing but foster very bitter young people within the organization as they get older.

Sir82 I work with witnesses like that. This brother who works part-time Is always telling me about working too much and giving Jehovah his time.

Yet, he has a 22,21,and 18 yo at home. To go along with the 4 and 2 yo he had when he remarried with a sister 5 years ago. Always whining about how hard it is to make up hours after he gives away his hours to go in service EVERY weekend. Plus whatever assemblies,etc. I told him he should stop trying to impress people. He looked at me strange and hadn't a clue to what I was talking about.

He thinks like a late teen or young adult. Not a man who is head of the household. None of his kids work. They all pioneer.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Thankfully I had parking duty(ironic huh?) so I had the opportunity to walk around a bit and miss portions of a few talks.

That's the beauty of the parking detail, guaranteed time to shoot the breeze. I remember when I first started lurking and even when I posted here, when there'd be an assembly, I'd furiously take notes to share it here and also to examine for myself just to see how much of it was nonsense and propoganda. Nowadays, I go to the assembly, and if whatever duties I'm scheduled on are in the morning, I skip out during the lunch break. I don't know when our special day assembly is, but all I really want to hear is the anti-education talk, and after that I'll probably leave. Only reason I go is to handle whatever assignment and to show face so nobody is saying later to me, "I didn't see you there George, where you there?" "Why yes Mildred, I was there, this one was the best one yet! They just keep getting better and better!"

-He then went on to bash education. He said that "people go to college to have more material things later" and who "look down on less educated ones". I found it ironic when he mentioned that "many young people left the 'truth' because of higher education". Go figure huh?

Mr.Losch and his cronies are becoming increasingly concerned with their lifestyle being jeopardized with the loss of too many young people. They can't stop what's coming though, that's vanity.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Afraid to move to another country, like Florida, because of being away from everything they know? Is that normal among the witlesses? No wonder so many of them find it difficult to leave the cancer, or that return once they do leave.

At least I was not born in, but recruited. I would not be afraid to move to another country (like New Zealand) given the opportunity (I am afraid of racking up debt when the banks (or churches) would use it to enslave me, however). But, I would be afraid to move to some place like Nigeria, especially on a missionary detail (and that goes for the witlesses, which routinely send missionaries to places like that because the growth comes from those rubbish dumps).

• steve2
    steve2

ssc, loved you well composed overview of the assembly. It's staggering that after close to thirty years out, the programs sound just the same.

The only notable change is the dwindling numbers baptized compared to the 1970s when we filed forward in row after row after row like stunned sheep to be pushed under the increasingly discolored and dirty baptismal water (mainly from sisters wearing cheap makeup, but also probably the very nervous baptismal candidates whose bladders feebly gave up the ghost).

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

That was entertaining. May Jehovah continue to bless with you with many more parking assignments as a reward for your whole-souled efforts at JWN. Then again, Jehovah may not mind if you took the whole weekend off next time.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thanks for sharing your notes :)

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Is Loesch still rambling about the evils of american football?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

It's staggering that after close to thirty years out, the programs sound just the same.

You read my mind lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit