How Come I Rarely See People In Field Service, Vs The 1980-1990s Doing House2House?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

Also, looking at the accounts of the Congregation nearest to me their revenue has fallen over the past couple of years, they declared a turnover in the region of £5000 for the tax year of 2010/11, as this congregation has a field service area that covers half a city with a population of nearly 70,000 people, they aren`t doing a lot of buisness.

• wiser
    wiser

breakfast of champions, I agree. I see alot of JW's at Starbucks.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

The congregation where I was going had meetings for field service at 9:00 am, weekdays and Saturday. To be at the meeting for field service during the week required herculean effort if you had get kids off to school and drive to the very rural KH. When I asked why they met so early, the elder told me the older ones liked the meetings at that time. The older ones are very inflexible, I've noticed, when it comes to JW things. At another cong. I attended, the Service Meeting was at 7:00 pm. The elders were constantly harranguing everyone about getting to the KH on time. So many attendees worked 30-80 mi away, they forced a vote to have the meeting at 7:30 pm. The results were split almost evenly, but the old ones, who gave very few parts, were retired and had no kids to get ready, all voted to continue the 7:00 pm meeting time. The elders continued to beat the R & F about being there on time, and the hall always started to fill between 7:15 - 7:45.

By the way, meeting for field service before 9:30 am should be against the law. Who wants a bunch of religious weirdos knocking on their door on Saturday morning, at 9:20 am...its just criminal!

• biometrics
    biometrics

The next trick of the GB may be to END the preaching work. I imagine that would put the wind up them, and you'd see meeting attendance go up for a few years. Maybe even tripple the contributions.

Then with all the money they made, they could re-structure the organisation, have online-delivery of all content, close all printing presses, accept PayPal donations, and the GB could live in luxury on their hedge fund investments. Beyond that, they could sell all KHs and start up an internet TV service for meetings.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Same here. When I was still going we seemed to work the SAME territory to death. Never really went anywhere it was new.

Looking back perhaps the brothers were comfortable with those areas and it was a comfort zone.

I know a brother who as a pioneer collects alot time from RBC work. Seems very dishonest to me, as when I was a regular pioneer I had to actually go out and do 90 hours a month and he's at 70 ? Is that the number now ?

I think alot of people do that. Most probably have these 'calls' way off on the other side of the territory. Or have wised up and have to leave at 10 to get to work,etc Does any still go from 9-12pm anymore ? Thats a long time. When I was a kid we'd do it in the freezing cold i Boston. Now living in Texas........I doubt most people want to be out door to door in the heat down here. I've found Texas to be the most HUMID and unbearable place during the summer in maybe all the country.

I know now that there are four congregations in The Woodlands,TX ( 2 when I moved here ) and I NEVER see them in my neighborhood or any surrounding areas. EVER I've noticed that in alot of of areas of Houston most congregations ( in english seems ) to lag behind the local area in growth. That was a question that would always linger in my head. How come we're not growing as a congregation like our surrounding area ?

I run into the mormons all the time. I will give them that. I see them literally EVERYWHERE at all times. Good areas or dangerous areas.

Overrall I think most JW's don't have the patience for door to door. Especially when you know most people aren't interested.

• baltar447
    baltar447

We recently moved to one of those FREQUENTLY worked territories... Yay us....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit