Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ahhh.... Yeah....

Like man being made from dirt, and talking snakes are based in "reality"....

• cofty
    cofty

Maksym - your level of ignorance of the natural world is staggering. I sometimed wonder if theists get their natural history fom Walt Disney.

Every anatomical feature of animals, from their skeletons, camouflague, jaws and teeth, digestive systems to the specific molecular structure of the myosin in their muscle fibres are "designed" to kill or escape predation.

This has always been the way for millions of years before Homo sapiens made an appearance.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Re: Theists, why does God allow suffering?

Matthew 5:45

• mP
    mP

yhwh was invented about threeish thousand years ago in judea.like all religion it was a scam to control the poor workers. part of the scam demanded sacrifices, which the priests could eat. somehow they managed to convinve eberyone god wanted a bit of all the things they also wanted to eat. god also needed moennand gold.

ever since the beginning of time religion has been about money and power! why would rich priests with all the best given care about the poor? those are the same suckers who need to repent more often and honour gid with sacrifices! no where in the bibke domwe have gods temple helping the poor!

go read the laws in the torah, all 613 the most popular category is priests and sacrifgice - wiki 613 mitzvot

• ziddina
    ziddina

Very true, mP...

As Bill Maher said, it's selling an invisible product...

And profiting greatly therein...

• cofty
    cofty
    Re: Theists, why does God allow suffering?
    Matthew 5:45 - Joey Jo-Jo

"that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous" - Matthew 5:45

Joey Jo-Jo - What has that got to do with the ubiquitous suffering of the animal kingdom?

• maksym
    maksym

Every anatomical feature of animals, from their skeletons, camouflague, jaws and teeth, digestive systems to the specific molecular structure of the myosin in their muscle fibres are "designed" to kill or escape predation.

This has always been the way for millions of years before Homo sapiens made an appearance.

Thanks Cofty, I would be happy to read up more on this Theory on how these things were "designed".

Peace,

Maksym

• cofty
    cofty

Yes maksym design is everywhere, formed by the unguided process of natural selection over millions of years - but that's another subject.

If you prefer to ignore the facts and believe it was all created then perhaps you could address the topic?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!

I always find it hilarious that humans think that they "design" and "create" things, independent of ANY other natural process...

If one looks at the procession of human technology, one will find that human technology EVOLVES.... Despite the human efforts at "creating" things...

That'd be a good topic for another thread, but for now....

Let me see if I can get a decent progression of the evolution of the automobile, here...

If I can stay awake that long...

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

cofty: I am drunk, I should't post but what the hey. god does not say why but he does say that IT does cause suffering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit