Special Assembly Day of Jehovah's Witnesses

by iamwhoiam 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

"Man was created with free will as long as we choose to serve jehovah" no wonder they are against higher education !!

smiddy

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

Another boring "special ass-embly day". I remember those at the Woodland Hills, Calif. back in the 80's. A wasted Saturday talking about the usual end-of-the-world tripe.

• Azazel
    Azazel

I firmly believe that anywhere in WTS publications or talks as per the above program. Substitute God with WTS or GB and thats what its all really about. Doing the will of men.

Man has dominated Man to his injury! so what has changed ? not much.

Az

• Zordino
    Zordino

In order to be able to tolerate it (I go to be able to spend time with wife and kids) my routine is this: We get there, after about 20 mins I Leave and go with a buddy of mine for breakfast, coffee, some chit chat. Get there just before the morning boresession is over. Go to Lunch with the fam. socialize a bit, sit down for another 20min at the start of the afternoon boresessions, go outside, walk around a bit, get in my car and go for a coffee, try to waste as much time as possible, and then get back about 30 min before the whole borefest is over.. then we make plans to go to dinner with some family and close friends... and thats it. It really goes by pretty quick.

• dozy
    dozy

The Special Day truly is a waste of time. 2 x 2 hour sessions of which an hour is taken up with the baptism talk & Watchtower study. Seems really pointless , especially if you had to travel miles to get there & maybe even had to stay overnight.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Do you know... the stupid thing is I bet that they wouldnt cover what the will of God actually is! All they would do is say that the preaching work is God's will (true, but only a small part of it). All the other stuff mentioned in 1 Thessalonians 5:12-22, 1 Timothy 2:2-4, and 1 Peter 2:13-17 about being peaceable, kind, good towards others, happy, prayerful, thankful, thoughtfull, subjective, honourable, fearful of God, and showing love will as per usual be swept under the rug!

What nonsense. In fact I bet if i went, i would take so many notes, then id go home, research them and then use them as a basis to find out what the will of God ACTUALLY is! Hmmm!

Timmy x

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So then, washtowel, what is the will of God? Does he want me to pack up and move to Nigeria, waste my whole life rounding up Nigerians (doing whatever it takes, no matter how dangerous, gross, or illegal it may be, to recruit them)? Only to watch them revert back to their original religion 20 years after I am gone, or seeing Agenda 21+ destroying all religion. What a bloody waste.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Glad I missed it

• Londo111
    Londo111

SAD...very SAD.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The circuit yawn !

Assemblies dont even have any spirit anymore, they are flatter than a concorde tyre. I ended up dreading the monotony. Once I reached the maturity and realisation that there was nothing new or nothing I didnt know or nothing ever announced to relieve the burden of being a JW.... I just hated them.

If only once there had actually been an enjoyable assembly, the content I mean, then they would have potential value. But...It was always the friends, the company, the nights out and the comradrie that made these events. Nothing heavenly about our goings on at all !

Go to a sports event :D You get all the same feelings without as much of the 'yawn' it will also cost you considerably less but stay in your memory longer. Plus you wont have to look at your shoes in shame as an american voice booms the ridiculous pronunciation of "Gee HOE varr!" as a keen pioneer walks around in cut up curtains thinking he is some bible charachter you have never ever heard of... "Beshizzama'el of Judea, the man who refused to wait for god patience in providing him witha third wife and wrongfully went to the pagan cananites cos they would do oral..."

Snare x

P.s. Californication by the Chilli Peppers....... will always remind me of the district assembly, a shame, but nice memories all the same (we got in trouble for being up late- i kid you not.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit