Drawings of NEW Watchtower World Headquarters in Warwick, New York

by Alfred 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

This, in my humble estimate, is a $600-$750 MM project.

Where the money comes from, God (Jehovah) only knows...

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Yan, it's not unusual for some owners to hire their own PE instead of an engineering firm. Hell, it's way cheaper.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Of course, Nomad Soul. Not unusual for owners who are in the business of construction, not pushing the end of the world fairy tales. It is not like hiring and inhouse cook vs. a caterer, the liability impact is huge. An experienced PE, to be trusted with this size project, will easily command $150K+ salary.

Just comes to show the business these people are in.

• zoiks
    zoiks
    ..which can only mean one thing: now the Borg has its own PEs on staff! What is next? Their own inhouse architect, structural and MEP engineers, their own Construction Management division...the free labor we know about....

Yan, when I was on the engineering staff of my RBC, we would get visits from a Bethelite sister who was a licensed Architect. Every drawing that required a stamp had to be reviewed and approved by her.

In the case of some of the older hall builds that I remember, local Civil Engineers were sometimes hired. I worked for one of these guys for a few years and his recollection of working with the Elder body during a local build was that they were always fighting and difficult to work with. Ahh...memories.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

but if you back up to page 517, it appears that the same area is given a more specific label (Underground Stormwater Infiltration / Detention Chamber)...

Detention Chamber???!!! For naughty Bethelites?

Are we sure it isn't a new subterranean facility where the old brothers, THE 'HANGER-MEN' are sent to die?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Not really Yan, a Civil Engineer with a Salary of $80K-$100K can do this size project. Specially if there is no deadline to meet.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

$80-$100K, maybe in Texas...

• MMXIV
  • Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Kings Road...how appropriate...

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

LOL Okay Yan. If you say so.

Oh and $600 Million is way out of line. Probably $60 Million, and that's aiming high.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit