Drawings of NEW Watchtower World Headquarters in Warwick, New York

by Alfred 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Is it me but does this seem like a very modest project in comparison to that being replaced. The location will be lost in the country and almost anonymous in comparison with the in your face "Read God's Word Daily" Watchtower/Hollywood signs in Brooklyn.

The organisation's profile is going to slip beneath the waves. I don't think the motive is simply saving $$$$ but I am not sure what it is. Any ideas?

• Sulla
    Sulla

Damn! that hanger man story was funny. I had nothing that good while I was there.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Nomad,

I have done enough projects in the tristate area (NY-NJ-CT) to have an idea of what per sq/ft spec office building goes for and to throw the $600 MM number out there. Keep in mind, no expense will be spared here, this is not a spec office space that a developer puts together to squeeze every dollar out of a triple-net commercial lease.

In any event, my intent was not to debate PE compensation or project costs - I wanted to point out that the WT is staffing its offices with highly educated "worldly" professionals and obviously paying decent salaries, given the scope and complexity of the work they seem to be tasked with doing.

If anyone, they should hire some social workers to help abused children, some carreer counselors to help the R&F with employment issues, etc. Instead, they play Donald Trump.

Can't wait to see the actual architectural plans od the buildings when those are submitted to the county for approval.

Best,

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Yan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start a debate. I'm just pretty sure that this project is not going to be as much as what you're saying. I have experience in project cost estimating. And not all of it is an office building. Some buildings are just residence. I'm sure you know that you can't use the same price a sq/ft for an office and a residence, maintenance building, & some sport courts. I just don't see it being up to $600 Million.

But you may be right. I'm pretty sure the costs will come out later on. It will be pretty interesting.

• Scully
    Scully

Why are they building a new headquarters when Armageddon is Right Around the Corner™?

What a terrible example they are for the Brothers™ and Sisters™.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

All good, Nomad. $60MM or $600MM would all be paid for by intentionally misled, blinded and mentally beaten into submission people....

Any $ amount would be too great to spend, given that it was extracted from ordinary families, where it could have done much better service.

Best,

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

And I wouldn't be surprised if they asked the JWs to pay for this project and still keep the money from the properties they've already sold.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Why are they building a new headquarters when Armageddon is Right Around the Corner™?

Really? You should know the answer to this one. They are building a new headquarters because Satan's wicked system is coming to an end, God's Organization will continue right through into the New System, the future belongs only to those who are following the lead of the Governing Body.

• Scully
    Scully

the future belongs to those who are following the lead of the Governing Body.

Following that logic, they should have no problem with JWs building new homes, buying new cars, etc. But that isn't the case, is it?

FWIW, that's the question I would ask JWs who brag about these new HQ, to show the hypocrisy in its purest form.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Following that logic, they should have no problem with JWs building new homes, buying new cars, etc. But that isn't the case, is it?

Ah but y' see, if they slum it out now and keep busy in Kingdom Service™ they can "very soon" take over the swanky homes and cars previously owned by the Wicked™.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit