Vatican told to pay taxes as Italy tackles budget crisis

by cantleave 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
  • Kojack57
    Kojack57

Cantleave: Thanks for the info. Maybe after all is said and done the WB&TS will have to bend over and spell run as well. ( Pay those taxes ) LOL!!!!!!!!

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

They would claim like they did in France that this was persecution. Nevermind what Jesus said about "rendering Cesar's things to Cesar."

If religion had to contribute to taxes even at a reduced rate, the budget crisis would be SOLVED.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I agree, it will be their signal for the great trib. Religions are being attacked! No, religions are losing their free ride

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If they can make the Catholic Pope Pay..

They can make the WBT$ Poops Pay..

...............;-)...OUTLAW

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I've said for a long time now that religions should NOT be tax exempt. In my eyes, that does not go against the so-called separation of church and state we claim to have here in the US. They shouldn't get "special status" just because they are a house/organization of worship. And the WTBTS even less so, considering they are simply a publishing company masquerading as a religion!

• mind blown
    mind blown

@ cantleave THANK YOU for your excellent post...

I wonder if the WTS got wind (through the religious grapevine) of this early on thus the massive property sell off? But again they could be gaurding interests because they're getting closer to being exposed....? What ever the reason, this is huge!

I've been waiting for this day, due to the FREE KAZILLIONS religion is making, in the name of God.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Isn't the Vatican technically an independent country outside Italian law?

Of course, that leaves hundreds of other properties even if true...

• shamus100
    shamus100

No big deal. Everyone has to pay taxes and so do churches.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm still in favor of non-profits being exempt. Religions aren't non profit. I'm glad they may have to pay

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit