Why Are These Islamists So Touchy?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Here is a video of a thoughtful debate on the motion "Islam is a Religion of Peace" hosted by Intelligence 2

For the motion is Americam Muslim Zeba Khan and Maajid Nawaz, a director of the Quilliam Foundation. Maajid has served time in Egypt before renouncing his radical ideology.

Against the motion is Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a former memebr of the Dutch parliament and critic of fundamenatalist Islam and Douglas Murray an author and journalist and founder of the Centre for Social Cohesion.

Pre-debate vote was

41% for ¦ 25% against ¦ 34% undecided

Post-debate vote was

36% for ¦ 55% against ¦ 9% undecided

I know a debate is only a measure of the skills of the debtors but it will help you see some of the isuses of contention.

I haven't listened to this debate for a long time so I am going to watch it again this evening.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I have big issues with Islam, but if you think your beliefs were any less vile as a JW you are as ignorant as the day you said yes 3 times.

Do you deserve to die if you pray for gods kingdom to come and destroy all people not of your faith? Your will and desire is no differemt, they just have more faith lol.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Flipper thanks for posting that. I have seen before, but was well worth a repost and a good laugh. BTW - I KILL YOU

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit