How many people did you bring into the borg?

by jam 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mamamo
    mamamo

None and I am quite happy about that! Even happier that I didn't have any kids while I was in!

• factfinder
    factfinder

None, thankfully.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

and does anyone remember how the brothers would humbly say the person found the Truth 'inspite' of them not 'because' of them..

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

16 years and two tours of pioneering and no one.

• highdose
    highdose

0 while in but since i left i've taken 26 out!

• garyneal
    garyneal

What a wonderful (or a dismal) testimony from everyone (depending on what side you hail from).

So much work, so little recruits.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Zilch. Never had a Bible study, never pioneered, and never donated a cent.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

4 not counting my family. The 1st was baptized in 1968 when i was only 16. The next was a couple who were baptized in 1973. The next was baptized in 1974. All but one left after 1975 came and went. I should have followed them out the door. Instead, I stayed until a few months ago. So other than my children, I had a dry spell of 36 years!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

To answer how long did it take? Back in the day, the "Truth" book made it fast and easy. They all were in from 1st contact to babtism in between 6 to 9 months. Thankfully, those days are long gone.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Out of all the rags I placed and "good calls" I had, I didn't get any of them to regular study. I placed one single Suffer Forever book, started the foundation of one study (which fell apart because I didn't feel like doing field circus at 6 in the morning), and hopefully all the other "good calls" fell apart after they moved out of the territory, because they did some outside research before joining.

And, despite the fact that I had "good calls", typically I would dog them. I would let them expire, or simply keep them rolling with placing new rags instead of committing to a study and 4 or 5 hours a week chasing them. Ultimately, despite placing the equivalent of a 1 meter stack of rags, I got zero to unbaptized publisher status. And that doesn't even include the one study I ruined by leading them to an apostate web site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit