Which came first for you? Watchtower illegitimacy, or a compelling alternative?

by Fernando 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Watchtower illegitimacy. Personally I think that bouncing straight out of the Watchtower and into another religion is like starting a relationship on the rebound. What's the rush?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Once the 1914 doctrine was dismantled, everything else fell to pieces.

I left still believing in a God, but now I'm agnostic.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What BP said.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

for me it was when i saw how they are incapable of judging properly and how everything is about ensuring they are not made to look bad

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I decided the G.B of JW's were illegitimate. Or put another way, were a bunch of bastards !

Once I had left mentally the compelling alternative of the total freedom to investigate everything and educate myself on any matter was WONDERFUL.

I am now a person without relgion, and without faith, as faith is belief in something for which their is no proof, I require real proof before I will trust that something is true.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Of course the illegitimacy of the WT.

I'm still waiting for a compelling alternative.

But it's ok, 'cause I hear it's coming "soon, very soon".

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

I just wanted out of my disastrous marriage. If I had not DA'ed myself my ex-husband would still be "married" to me and try to control me through the brothers. The compelling alternative is having meaningful friendships based on mutual repsect and love, celebrating holidays with my family and trying to make the world a better place by being a better person.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I'm noticing a trend here ....

... the majority of responders noticed the illegitimacy of the WT and left. Many/most are still looking for that "compelling alternative".

But then again, maybe we already found it and just haven't realized it yet: Anything else!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I have not found an alternative yet and don't care if i do

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

For now, the the breath of fresh air that comes from not having to support the WTS is a reward in itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit